• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

Oh and in the meantime, stick the kettle on!

I comfortably have 8+ cups of tea a day at any other time than summer (probably down to four in June/July/August unless it's cold...like it was last week). Fuck it, I've done far worse things to my body than that :D

I comfortably have 8+ cups of tea a day at any other time than summer (probably down to four in June/July/August unless it's cold...like it was last week). $#@! it, I've done far worse things to my body than that :D

Tbf it'd take roughly 4 cups of tea to equal 1 cup of coffee, so I think Darlo has you beat!

I was/am drinking an obscene amount of coffee(or tea) at work, when you're there for hours on your own, armed with a kettle and an endless supply of coffee it's just automatic to "brew up".
The idea for the cold turkey is I was going to switch to decaf and that's the next question...Is it worth the trouble?

Contrary to the scientists of the forum the NHS do say detoxing works. There's definite benefits in hitting reset to your system, it resets the enzymes in your gut and returns natural levels of oxidants to your liver and kidneys.

I was put on the Fodmap diet a few years ago (IBS related) and the reset works. The thing is you have to go cold turkey for 2 weeks and then you introduce one thing at a time every week. It can take months to get it right but it will benefit you in the long run.

There's also a school of thought that a level of caffeine is good for you, especially if you exercise. It's up to you to find your level as there's no accepted limit. I think if you're going completely though Darlo you need to cut ALL caffeine and you will find it in places you have no idea it was in.

Cheers Johnny...Still on the water

Do what works for you at the end of the day Mike!

I was just wondering if anyone on here had done it before and what the benefits were (if any)

How do you have your coffee?

Black or with Milk and any sugar?

Just water, all day, every day? There are no health benefits that are worth that.

How do you have your coffee?

Black or with Milk and any sugar?

Semi Skimmed milk and about a level spoon of sugar (down from a heaped spoon) I tried to give sugar up but soon went back

I was just wondering if anyone on here had done it before and what the benefits were (if any)

I would say that the doc did say that if I had any serious headaches or side effects to go and see her straight away so I wouldn't mess about with that Darlo.

But I guess the biggest benefit will be intrinsically to you and how you feel. I know having an enema is good for you but there's no way I'd ever have one so it's all about you.

I use oversize cups (at work & home) & so probably have the equivalent of 5-6 cups of tea a day. More sometimes. Never drink water (but do drink squash). I also drink at least a pint of milk each day.

Caffeine does impact on you a lot. A guy I used to work for drank super strong coffee all day, partly to manage his working all hours on his own business. His GP ended up sectioning him owing to the volumes of coffee he was drinking. Only temporary mind, so he could withdraw properly.

I remember a tv show called bodymatters in the 80's. They did a show of caffeine, and had 3 people who agreed to give up. The following is paraphrased, but person 1 had 2 coffees and 2 teas each day. Their side effects were small headaches after a couple of days, that lasted a couple of days, and everything went back to normal.

2nd person had 3 coffees, 3 teas, 2 choc bars and a can of coke each day. They had bad headaches for about a week, and returned to normal.

3rd person had 6 coffees, 7 teas, 5 cans of coke, and 8 choc bars a day. When asked how her withdrawal went the Dr monitoring her made her stop the experiment after 3 days, as she was hallucinating and unable to function.

Be careful mate. Gradual removal is probably better.

Semi Skimmed milk and about a level spoon of sugar (down from a heaped spoon) I tried to give sugar up but soon went back
Whole milk is actually better for you than skimmed and low fat milks, so you'd be safe giving that a try.

Having worked at a coffee shop for the past couple of years I can say with some authority that spending an extra few bucks on high quality coffee is absolutely worth it for the taste; buy a solid batch of beans and your own grinder and you'll be drinking it black in no time.

Whole milk is actually better for you than skimmed and low fat milks, so you'd be safe giving that a try.

Having worked at a coffee shop for the past couple of years I can say with some authority that spending an extra few bucks on high quality coffee is absolutely worth it for the taste; buy a solid batch of beans and your own grinder and you'll be drinking it black in no time.

I do drink "the good stuff" but only buy it when it's on special offer in the supermarket because I'm a tight arsed Yorkshireman*

*I moved to Yorkshire when I was 2 so claiming it

I do drink "the good stuff" but only buy it when it's on special offer in the supermarket because I'm a tight arsed Yorkshireman*

*I moved to Yorkshire when I was 2 so claiming it
In fairness I've no idea how much coffee costs out there.

Apparently instant coffee (freeze dried) has artificial coffee flavour added back into it as the freeze drying process completely removes any trace of actual flavour. Utterly rank.

Back