• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

Good luck with the rides (fnarr!) machin.

IOn the elbow issue - is it the cycling that is the cause? I developed a problem with my elbow, that I noticed when driving. However the cause was the amount of mouse usage at certain times of the year. I started using a mouse left handed, and have no problems now (except people repeatedly asking me if I'm left handed...)

Not 100% sure the elbow pain is related, but the shoulder/top of arm pain is definitely. Comes on during a ride and goes again after I've finished.

I can't believe the difference a good quality bike makes. I've been out twice so far this year and averaging around 18mph mark, where last year where obviously hell of a lot fitter I was averaging about 16 mph.

Did 31 miles this morning and Strava didn't record it :(

I had that on one of the legs of JOGLE, very frustrating.

Was on course to breaking my weekly total too. Grumpy was not the word.

You should be able to export and upload an activity if you're using a Garmin or similar.

You should be able to export and upload an activity if you're using a Garmin or similar.

Unfortunately not. I'm using a little Android phone LG L20 that I've set up specifically for bike use. Been pretty good in the main, but the SD card died which borked up my mapping software. Couldn't transfer the maps onto the phone so ended up having to rebuild the whole thing. That caused it to lose GPS data and it just wouldn't reconnected to the satellites properly. Didn't realise the last bit until I got back from the ride though!

Embarrassingly proud that I can now do one full pull-up!

Well done! I'm still chasing my first pull up but my upper body strength is really poor (but getting better!)

I did deadlift 170kg last month though, so all is not lost.

Rigged up an old cheapo cycle computer to function as a cadence sensor. Put the magnet on the crank shaft and the receiver on the chain stay. Configured the computer to read the "tyre" circumference as 167cm and set the readout to kph and it effectively reads one pedal revolution per second as 6.0kph - ergo it can be read as 60rpm.

Safe.

405f27cfc5617e56fae3a7fe1ac9e966.jpg
a6be64b05c5fff8d46727e1407ec4a40.jpg

The cadence sensor works a treat!

Averaging 81 rpm, peaked at 116 rpm.

Found I was trying to spin faster than my average on any uphill section at around 90-95rpms, so I started to slow my cadence down to about 80rpm and keep it in a higher gear. Seemed to increase my speed overall on those sections looking at Strava. Will have to see how that plays out on longer rides.

Is that bad?

Clocked in my fastest ever commute home. All hail the cadence sensor....

BOOM!

Did the Round The Wrekin sportive earlier. Toughest thing I've ever done. Had to walk a part of the first big climb but powered through the rest.

Fucking loved it. Awesome route, beautiful roads and glorious weather.

Going to absolutely smash the back doors of a Cloudwater DIPA in later in celebration!!
0254a87cc4ea0113850bb277942997c0.jpg

c9e2cf75a0d57778e6e2ecffb946ac86.jpg

https://www.strava.com/activities/998738345

Finished 55th out of 180-some in my latest triathlon. Thought I was going to be well down the order after a slow run, so pleased to place that highly, and far away from 50th to not be annoyed.

Back