• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The F1 Thread

Red Bull could quite easily end up in a situation where they have very limited options at the top end of the driver market if Max pulls the nuclear option - which I think is getting closer to becoming a reality, if not for 2025, I'd make him odds-on to be in a Merc for 2026.

George will be in a serious pickle if that happens (definitely for 2026) as Merc very much see Kimi Antonelli as Max v2. Whether dropping a junior in alongside Max is be a good idea is another question altogether - but it seems inevitable he's making the jump directly into a Merc (whether that's 2025 or 2026). Maybe he could be the face of Red Bull from 2026?

I can't see Leclerc leaving Ferrari even if Lewis beats him, as Lewis will be gone after a couple of seasons and ultimately there's no shame in being beaten by one of the best of all time.

Presumably Sainz will have an out in his contract just in case something opens at the top end,

Predictions:

2025:

McLaren - Norris/Piastri
Ferrari - Hamilton/Leclerc
Mercedes - Russell/Antonelli
Red Bull - Verstappen/Lawson
Williams - Sainz/Albon
Aston - Alonso/Stroll
RB - Tsunoda/Hadjar
Sauber- Hulkenberg/Bottas
Alpine - Gasly/Doohan
Haas - Ocon/Bearman

2026:

McLaren - Norris/Piastri
Ferrari - Hamilton/Leclerc
Mercedes - Verstappen/Antonelli
Red Bull - Russell/Lawson
Williams - Albon/Sainz
Aston - Stroll/Tsunoda
RB - Hadjar/Lindblad
Audi - Hulkenberg/Bottas
Alpine - Gasly/Doohan
Haas - Ocon/Bearman

Perez rumours in the bin. Red Bull saying he will keep his seat for the season.

F1 race is not bad either, if I'm not the only person trying to watch two things at once!

Just seen Jack Doohan has been promoted to an Alpine race seat next year, pleased for him and to see some of the clear F2 talent finding ways into F1

Logan Sargaent binned by Williams. Franco Colapinto will take his spot for the rest of the season.

Kimi Antonelli confirmed for Mercedes next season.

He might feel a bit better after totalling George's car yesterday

F2 and F3 races have been superb this weekend. The slight track changes with the wider kerbs and relaid tarmac (as I understand it) have made for great racing. Thought generally speaking these categories always provide better racing. F3 title was decided on the last corner, disappointing not the way I'd have liked with the championship winner not having won a single race this year, but exciting nonetheless (the runner up, Mini, will definitely end up in F1).

Charles with a great win.

Doing a Russell to beat the rest with a 1 stop race (presume he will avoid a weight issue)

Red Bull looking very very ordinary.

Brilliant. There's nothing like Monza.

Excellent effort from Colapinto too.

Reactions: jlo
Yep. McLaren should have deployed team orders in the last couple of corners IMV buy next few races will show whether Lando has any realistic championship chance (and how much 3 points today may have helped)

KMag banned for Baku, so assume Bearman will step in. Just bring him in for the rest of the season.

A skeptic might thing this season is being run by Netflix. Hamilton wins British and now Ferrari get Italian. :unsure:

Honda supplying engines to Aston Martin from 2026.

Also expected to announce Adrian Newey will be joining the team, possibly before the next race

Paying Newey £30m a year as well. Highest paid person in the F1 Paddock with the exceptions of Lewis, Max and Lando.

I know it's hard to turn that sort of money down, but the bloke's 65 years old. Does he not have enough money already, and have other stuff he wants to do outside of F1?

He specifically addressed his age in an interview and said he watched his father become rather lost for what to do with his life after retirement, and Newey himself doesn't want to do that.

I don't think the money motivates him as much as proving he is the absolute best at that job. I'm not sure how much is transferable to say making an America's cup yacht as object movement through water and air are pretty different.

He’ll have complete control at Aston as well to do whatever he wants. Shame he’s building a car for Lance bloody Stroll but I’ll enjoy watching him get destroyed by Alonso (Though I could see Verstappen ending up there if Red Bull continue their downtrend)

Back