• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

Even if you think it’s harsh, the split on here tells you it’s not even close to a poor decision.
Personally I think it’s the right call, I’ll hammer our officials when it’s due but this isn’t a time they should be.

What's interesting to me is that it's exactly this kind of (seemingly) 50/50 split on what the decision should be that lead to the "Clear & Obvious" stipulation.

If the linesman doesn't flag on the pitch I bet it stands.

The replay behind the goal tells you all you need to know. It’s in the back of the net before Maignan can even think of diving. The player being there doesn’t influence his decision. His action would have been identical if he wasn’t there.

Regardless, the onfield decision was offside. It should have taken one look to confirm that (if that’s the route people want to go with). I don’t agree with it but I can accept it. I don’t see what a million views changes, so just go with the onfield you clowns

Even if you think it’s harsh, the split on here tells you it’s not even close to a poor decision.
Personally I think it’s the right call, I’ll hammer our officials when it’s due but this isn’t a time they should be.

I think the point is you either do or don't think he's interfering and that should be clear cut.

Him being way beyond the last defender isn't a question.

So why did it take so long and presumably about 40 replays. Because Stuart Pratwell.

Also fuck Didier Deschamps, awful, awful manager.

Poland out, first team officially so.

He’s only interfering with play if you definitely believe that’s why the keeper didn’t dive. It categorically isn’t the case he’s offside because he would have been in the way if the keeper dived. That’s the law, so your call has to be based on whether you think his positioning stopped the dive, not if it would have interfered in the instance he did.

Correct decision for me. Was standing right next to him and the keeper had time to get down to it. Might not have saved it but he would have tried.

Correct decision for me. Was standing right next to him and the keeper had time to get down to it. Might not have saved it but he would have tried.

Fabianski could have dived for Kilman's header but I guarantee he isn't saving it.

Sounds like I’m not swimming against the tide but agree with Lineker, Shearer, Fabregas and Rooney. Hmm, I should probably change my mind based on that!

The moment the ball is struck.
IMG_1635.png

Split second after.
IMG_1636.png
He isn’t not diving because there is a player there. He’s not diving as he’s unsighted from his two players and it’s smashed from 10 yards from him.

If this is “interfering” then the bar needs to be consistently this low, which was what we got rid of years ago where “offside is offside”. Because at the end of the day everyone on the pitch is interfering to some degree.

If you're stood offside and in the goalmouth then tough shit. That's probably how I'd draw the line.

Ready for the pelters, lads!
I kind of think that's probably a fair place to draw the line. It doesn't matter how much you are interfering or how little. If you are in the goalmouth and offside, you're offside.

Going back to the England misery, read a stat that Southgate has faced sides ranked in the top 10 on 24 occasions and only won 4 times 17% win ratio.
In all honesty you can’t deny that the national side is in a better place than it was in 2016.
He’s fortunate he’s got the players he’s got to work with.
I think this tournament is a step to far by the looks of things with everything very much resembling the so called “golden generation” of the noughties.
Doing the absolute bare minimum then being eliminated on penalties in a QF and blaming outside factors like the officiating.

Back