• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Euro 2024 Thread

If he is instructing the players to drop deep, why? It makes no sense. I can't believe it is an actual plan, he can't be telling them to do it surely?
Limited managers do it all the time to 'protect the lead' and 'take the sting out of the game'.

Limited managers do it all the time to 'protect the lead' and 'take the sting out of the game'.
Not 20 minutes into a game. The final 15-20 minutes for sure. But surely not with 3 quarters of the game to go. I don't believe that.

Not 20 minutes into a game. The final 15-20 minutes for sure. But surely not with 3 quarters of the game to go. I don't believe that.
You can not believe it all you like I've seen it first hand.

Walker was asked if they are instructed to sit deep after scoring, Walker said no.

Southgate was also asked the same question, and said no.
Kane said yes in a roundabout way.

That strikes me as bad communication when one player thinks it is and one thinks it isn't.

Kane said yes in a roundabout way.

That strikes me as bad communication when one player thinks it is and one thinks it isn't.
Right...or you are choosing to believe something that doesn't have the evidence to prove it because you want it to be the case.

Kane didn't say that "in a roundabout way" or "allude" to it at all.

He was talking about our press, not saying Southgate is instructing them to sit back when we take the lead.

Also both Walker and Southgate have said no when asked directly.

Stop fibbing.

Last edited:
Right...or you are choosing to believe something that doesn't have the evidence to prove it because you want it to be the case.

Kane didn't say that "in a roundabout way" or "allude" to it at all.

He was talking about our press, not saying Southgate is instructing them to sit back when we take the lead.

Stop fibbing.
He wasn't talking about the press, he was asked a direct question. I watched the interview.

Of course you know because you're never wrong.

So irritating.

He was literally asked about England dropping deep when they score.

Mess of a goal for Georgia to concede.

Edit: Going to get ruled out for handball

If Southgate doesn't encourage them to be defensive and cautious after scoring and they just do it anyway, it doesn't say much for his authority and/or communication

A matter of time before the Czechs score here, Georgia ridiculously wide open.

Back