• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Worst Wolves XI Thread

Roger Johnson
Kaspars Gorkss
Paul Stancliffe
Darren Peacock
Paul Blades
Simon Coleman

State of this lot so far.

giphy.gif

Someone's going to end up with a criminally low number of votes.

I can't believe I've had to leave Eric Young out here. Absolutely fucking shit. Another wanky "cult hero".

I don't have room though, those six I've picked are awful. Lawrie Madden and Paul Blades can also breathe an undeserved sigh of relief, somehow.

I can come up with a worse six...

Bobby Coy
Riki Herbert
Nicky Clarke
Joe Gallagher
Peter Zelem
John Holsgrove.

Appalling vs Albion away (when Ryan Green got sent off and he gave a penalty away for pulling back Hughes in a Des Walker/Marc Overmars style). That will stick with most people.

He also tried to sue us, the dickhead.

Did he? What for?

Johnson- utter schyster and number 1 by a mile. Absolute donkey, pisshead
Laurie Madden- just dross- did he ever have a good game?
Gorkss- the slowest centre half I have ever seen
Bassong- Dohertys positional sense with Gorkss' speed and stearmans concentration. A liability
Joe gallacher- pst his best when we got him and his best wasnt good
Danny Batth- A third tier footballer earning millionaire wages in the second tier playing hoofball and the reason Wolves are a lower championship side at the moment.

I could have named 20 here. There are the ones I have most issue with. I know Batth wont get many votes but he gets mine as he is sooooo predictable, so slow and hes captain!

Too pissed to vote. I the interim...

Roger Johnson
Kaspars Gorkss

Blades
Johnson
Stancliffe
Bassong
Coleman
Thetis

Blades speciality was after conceding waving his arms around and looking to blame someone else. I wonder if he'll ever grasp that 90% of the time it was him?

Roger Johnson
Gorrks
Bassong

could only think of these 3 off the top of my head

Roger Johnson
Gorrks
Bassong

could only think of these 3 off the top of my head

You lucky git! I've got ten or twelve infecting my memory

Blades
Johnson
Stancliffe
Bassong
Coleman
Thetis

Blades speciality was after conceding waving his arms around and looking to blame someone else. I wonder if he'll ever grasp that 90% of the time it was him?

The proto-Stearman.

Actually Stears is nowhere near this list. Mancienne might have had a shout, the fanny.

Kind of surprised to see no mentions of Mouyokolo here.

Not his fault he got injured (and never recovered) really. Though he wasn't very good when he played. A spider on acid I believe I called him.

Roger Johnson
Kaspars Gorkss
Sebastien Bassong
Isaac Okoronkwo
Paul Blades
Eric Young

There's about 3 or 4 that came very close to making this list also, God we've had some shit at the back over the years

Gyepes hasn't got a single vote yet and he was wank. Wasn't even that long ago either. That's the level of competition. I do have sympathy for how he ended up after Hoddle forced him to carry on playing after his knee exploded (perhaps he had all summer to get over it) but before that he was authentically terrible.

Not his fault he got injured (and never recovered) really. Though he wasn't very good when he played. A spider on acid I believe I called him.

Out of curiosity, do you think Gorkss was really that bad, or that he was done a massive disservice by being paired with Beer Boy Rog?

I remember us being relatively pleased with the idea of him.

He'd looked good for QPR and Blackpool. I was pleased when we signed him.

The reality was that he was totally gone and paired with that shithouse it was the perfect storm for our relegation. Of course any other manager would have dropped one (or preferably both) of them after it was obvious they couldn't play together.

If we'd played Batth and Berra together it would have been incredibly cumbersome but we probably wouldn't have gone down.

Johnson - has to be here, first 3 games he clearly had ability but then it went to ratshit. Utter bellend
Stancliffe - that Barnsley o.g. my first ever wolves game
Blades
Coleman - saw us get turned over 3 - 0 away at Oxford. I'm pretty sure Coleman played a major part
Madden
Hindmarch

I don't get the votes for mountfield, there have been far worse!

Back