• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Paterson is overrated IMO. Nice wee player but doesn't have a great deal of end product.

If we're looking at Forest I'd rather we went for Osborn, Walker or Burke (the young, non-ginger one).

Has Antonio improved his technique since joining them? I remember against Wednesday he ate our leftback (Ward?) alive but never managed to do anything afterward.

He absolutely massacred Doherty down here, it was embarrassing by the end.

But Iorfa made him look like a park player at theirs. I guess there is plenty of times when Sako has looked below park standard though!

Annis Abraham :icon_lol:

Square headed hooligan who somehow has the ear of the Cardiff board, much less so now but was well in there when Ridsdale was running the show. I think they just humour him these days.

E&S Rumour Page -
"WOLVES

One train of thought in Wolves' chase of Cardiff City striker Joe Mason is that there has been no official bid come from Molineux as yet.

Some sources expect that these claims have actually stemmed from his club's end, as they look to offload the striker for a size-able transfer fee.

Wolves are, realistically, keen but may wait to see if they drive down the £3million asking price, as they are not willing to go above £2m"

God bless 'em

To be fair on the ES it must be veey hard to report on Wolves; we seem to have a very tight-lipped group of professionals.

No we don't. We have a club that totally distrusts the local rag. And with fucking good reason. So they won't throw the local press dog a bone.

Or it could be a smoke screen for the press while the club look elsewhere.

Cagliari fans loathe him. Toward the end of last season he was booed every time he touched the ball.

More "unbiased" observers seem to think he's skilled, but "unlucky".

Cagliari fans hated most of their players towards the end of last season.

Certain websites are linking us with Chris Wood again (along with Leeds, QPR and Sheffield Wednesday), whilst we are (apparently) now having to fight off interest from Brighton and WBA for Sammy Ameobi.

Can't help but feel underwhelmed if we sign Paterson as a replacement for Sako. I'm not expecting a multi million pound buy but I do expect somebody who has some sort of pedigree in the division we're in and can show something if we manage promotion. I'd liken us losing Sako to Bournemouth losing Grabban last pre-season, they moved for Wilson and with Sako/Doyle off the wage bill we should have something of a war chest to try and fill the hole left by our talisman, a flash in the pan bench warmer ain't it.

Can't help but feel underwhelmed if we sign Paterson as a replacement for Sako. I'm not expecting a multi million pound buy but I do expect somebody who has some sort of pedigree in the division we're in and can show something if we manage promotion. I'd liken us losing Sako to Bournemouth losing Grabban last pre-season, they moved for Wilson and with Sako/Doyle off the wage bill we should have something of a war chest to try and fill the hole left by our talisman, a flash in the pan bench warmer ain't it.

Agree 100% about Paterson. Flashy winger but no better than the Ben Marshall's or Adam Hammill's of this world and I'm not entirely sure that he'd be any better than Michael Jacobs. Offers absolutely nothing defensively either, just doesn't bother tracking back. Then again he is English so that should shield him from half the stick van La Parra gets.

Back