• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Of course, he general sentiment toward him was never outright negativity. But there was a lot of talk of his poor defending and even some saying that we were a better team without him.

And I'd still stand by that. He improved vastly in the following two years.

Disclaimer: This was down to watching him play football and not the Country he was from or the colour of his skin.

Many UK youngsters get slagged off for being shit. Cassidy, McAlinden, Evans, Clarke, to name 4 over the last 12 months.

And I'd still stand by that. He improved vastly in the following two years.

Yep, I think after he came back from AFCON last season the naysayers pretty much disappeared.

I will reiterate, however, that no one is suggesting that all foreign players are slated unfairly or that all "domestic" players are protected from slating.

Sorry Penk but saying we were a better team without him was absolute garbage. He was a liability defensively at times but was still out best player and that was pretty clear even in that first season.

Sorry Penk but saying we were a better team without him was absolute garbage. He was a liability defensively at times but was still out best player and that was pretty clear even in that first season.

I do recall a lot of comments at the time suggesting he was a "luxury" player and we were a better TEAM without him. I don't think anyone disputed his skillz.

I do recall a lot of comments at the time suggesting he was a "luxury" player and we were a better TEAM without him. I don't think anyone disputed his skillz.

There probably was, but they were all taking garbage!

We wouldn't have lost a lot of the games we did had we had a more solid left winger on the pitch. He often gave the ball away outside the box, on the half way line, missed placed passes in dangerous areas, etc.

He worked very hard and improved a lot on that part of his game in year 2 and 3.

Of course, he general sentiment toward him was never outright negativity. But there was a lot of talk of his poor defending and even some saying that we were a better team without him.

There were plenty of fans who thought Sako was shit, despite clearly being the best player we had by a mile. Less so on here obviously, but you know what I mean.

The idea we were better without was horseshit, his replacement was Hunt for christs sake!! And evenif we were, it would say more about us than him as a player

I do understand where Penk is coming from - when he was bad, he was really bad but his consistency improved enormously over the last 2 seasons. He leaves us as one of if not the best player at the club and has given us a lot of great memories.

I'll never forget the disgraceful abuse Sako received from one absolute wanker at full time at the New York Stadium when we drew 3-3. Shameful. There were kids in earshot of this mouthbreather as well, who was shouting every name under the sun at one of our players who had come over to applaud his 'supporters'.

Unfortunately - and of course this is found in all clubs - there are a section of fans who are complete arsehats who decide to hurl totally unnecessary abuse at players they should be supporting. Sako was undoubtedly frustrating at times but overall, he was fantastic for us.

There were plenty of fans who thought Sako was shit, despite clearly being the best player we had by a mile. Less so on here obviously, but you know what I mean.

The idea we were better without was horseshit, his replacement was Hunt for christs sake!! And evenif we were, it would say more about us than him as a player

Hunt would have been better and our results would have been also. Obviously not from an attacking perspective, but I believe we would have been more solid as a unit.

I think he also benefited from year 2 that he had a far better left back behind him.

Are we forgetting Dean Saunders was the manager? More solid? Hunts positional play himself was utterly dreadful, always was.

Are we forgetting Dean Saunders was the manager? More solid? Hunts positional play himself was utterly dreadful, always was.

I won't change my opinion on it and will leave it there, but will also say he was great for us in his 2nd and 3rd season.

I think Sako coming on in years two and three are a testament to the job Kenny has done. Ultimately taking the fact it was his first season in England and with the upheaval of Stale and then Saunders I dont think we could've asked for much more. Especially given we were largely used to Mick's headless chickens ala Hunt, who were part of the problem not the solution.

My recollection is that the comments during Sako's first year were pretty much the same as the comments about VLP this year.

Hunt would have been better and our results would have been also. Obviously not from an attacking perspective, but I believe we would have been more solid as a unit.

Absolutely no chance. Hunt was appalling. In any case he wasn't really fit until January anyway and then played a load of games after that.

You mean the guy who won player of the year and scored double figure goals?

Well who else was going to win player of the year in a relegation team? The only other argument you could have made was for SEB.

Back