• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Sako did not attract widespread flak at all in his first season. Van La Parra attracts criticism principally because he finishes chances like Karen Carpenter finished meals.

This is a really odd discussion, if anything overseas players get more slack in their first season (time to adjust etc - what were they playing before handegg?)

VLP is just a marmite player - personally I really like him, but I can also see why others don't.

With Tyrone Mings being sold for £8 million + a further £2 million in add ons + Brett Pitman + Ryan Fraser on loan, what price do you think we value Dominic Iorfa at?

A better full back for my money, 3 years younger than Mings and we're in a better position than Ipswich financially. Only thing Mings has over Iorfa IMO is that he's been a starter at this level for about half a season longer.

If Iorfa continues his develoment then I feel he will be a better player and then worth more. However as you say, Mings is more established and for this reason we wouldn't be able to command a serious fee at this stage and people wouldnt be looking to buy either.

right now you have to say less than Mings - as you say, Mings has done it for a season. But this time next year, who knows? Certainly puts Danny Batth in the £5-6m bracket

Same as Afobe, no-one would pay what we would ask.

right now you have to say less than Mings - as you say, Mings has done it for a season. But this time next year, who knows? Certainly puts Danny Batth in the £5-6m bracket

Silly money for him, IMHO (not saying you're wrong, tbc).

Apparently we're now joined by Leeds and QPR in the fight for Chris Wood's signature. Lazy journalism, surely?

As a third striking option, what about Nick Powell? Can ply as a forward or behind the forward to give us good flexibility, or even in midfield.

Obviously question marks over attitude, but I haven't heard any one linked with him and I think he'd be a good fit for us

Michael Smith would be good, but I don't think we need Byrne.

I like Smith a real handful who doesn't give you time to play out from the back. Byrne no thanks his delivery is awful, plus we have a better prospect coming through in our under 21 side.

I thought Smith was likely to go to Sheff Wedneday when Mark Cooper joins them from Swindon.

Seems to be a suggestion on Twitter that Chris Wood is coming to us on loan...

Twitter also awash with rumours that Fulham have bid £1m for McDonald. Mega lolz.

Having watched Wood come on for Leicester a few times last season he just looks like a slightly better version of Clark to me.
No thanks, been spoilt by Afobe.

Judging by what they paid for McCormack they've left a nought off that. Possibly even two.

They don't need him and Cairney anyway. Blackburn fans are proper gutted about him going

Pione Sisto of FC Midtjylland is attracting a lot of attention from some mid-range European clubs. I'd have a look at him.

Back