• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

He's on £16,000 a week at Newcastle, not sure whether that fits in with our pay structure.

He's better than Jacobs, Henry and VLP. He is also left footed.

Not sure he is better than VLP tbh, similar types of players and will cost a large amount in wages due to his "Premier League Pedigree".

I'd take Sammy. Someone has to replace Sako. Newcastle is too stupid to utilize Sammy properly.

Not sure he is better than VLP tbh, similar types of players and will cost a large amount in wages due to his "Premier League Pedigree".

Well he will play on the opposite side so it's ok. I rate Henry better than VLP but we need 4 quality options in that position and they would certainly be 3 of them.

Pete O'Rourke @SportsPeteO · 3m 3 minutes ago
Sunderland are lining up a big-money move for Wolves defender Danny Batth this summer. #safc #wwfc

Interesting...

How big and would it all go back into the team would be my initial thoughts. If £3.5m+ and yes I'd take it as long as Kenny didn't feel it would unsettle the squad and lead to the likes of Afobe and Dicko wanting out.

That'd be a strange one. I don't think we'd sell him and I don't think he'd be in a mad rush to leave.

Would be surprised, but would be ambivalent if it happened. He's been good last season, but he's not the messiah (& no I'm not going to do the other half of the MP line)

We have a couple of promising youngsters to step in with EEL & Hause (Stearman provides experience) & time to bring in more if we want.

It's the one area of the team where we could stand to lose an established first choice because of the depth we have and the potential of those queuing up behind him. I can't see it though. He isn't especially likely to be fit for the start of pre-season and Advocaat isn't staying at Sunderland, so unless the DoF is going rogue and buying players on his own then it doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'd snatch their hand off at £2m. But if Batth wants to stay there's no need to force the issue.

As Deutsch said, I can't see how it's a credible situation at all given their precarious position and potential further managerial upheaval in the summer.

No chance would he want to go if they drop.

I'd snatch their hand off at £2m. But if Batth wants to stay there's no need to force the issue.

I'll not be that fussed. I don't think Batth is at a Premier League level or ever will be. On the floor which most Premier League teams players will roast Batth time and time again. Aguero, Silva, Sanchez, to name a few because I would be here all day.

To be fair, those named roast most Premier League Defenders!

A team like us, it would how he would cope with the strikers in teams we are looking to beat and finish above.

To be fair, those named roast most Premier League Defenders!

A team like us, it would how he would cope with the strikers in teams we are looking to beat and finish above.

I'll go down the other end of the scale then... Varney of Leicester, Berahino, Brown, Bojan, Defoe... etc etc..

Right now he isn't ready for the Prem and if we had gone up this he wouldn't be my 1st choice at CB. Not having great pace shouldn't hold him back though (he just needs to look at Terry at Chelsea, but just his game not his racist or wife hopping antics) as long as he gets the correct coaching and keeps showing signs of improvement, who knows. He is still a few years away from the "peak years" for his position really.

He has shown he can handle pace, such as Assombalonga, if he gets his positioning right but if he doesn't he is in trouble.

Terry was an exceptional talent that had the hallmarks of being world class at a young age. He'll never have the skill or mindset like John Terry.

Terry was an exceptional talent that had the hallmarks of being world class at a young age. He'll never have the skill or mindset like John Terry.

I'm not saying he is the same as JT, just a player he should be looking at.

I'm not saying he is the same as JT, just a player he should be looking at.

He can look at Terry all he likes. He'll never defend that area like Terry can. He comes out like a head less chicken into that area and then struggles to get back into his area. At his age now there should be some kind of light. I don't think he'll ever be anything more then a Championship player, and he struggles with that at times..

He can look at Terry all he likes. He'll never defend that area like Terry can. He comes out like a head less chicken into that area and then struggles to get back into his area. At his age now there should be some kind of light. I don't think he'll ever be anything more then a Championship player, and he struggles with that at times..

That's fine for me. That's where we are and the chances that KJ is going to bin him are slim since he has played every minute when fit for him. Would be interesting if he did go to Sunderland to see how he did though.

You make him sound like a Paul Blades/Kaspars Gorkks hybrid though

Back