• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Please log off.

8-ball-outlook.jpg

I think Batth is just as good now as Berra was when we got promoted (+ a similar age) and Berra looked okay in the top flight. I don't think it's outwith the realms of possibility that Batth could go on to have a decent Premier League career. There are certainly a lot of worse centre backs who have turned out regularly for top flight sides in recent years.

Indeed, Shackell's had a decent season for Burnley and he was a complete write off here.

Pete O'Rourke @SportsPeteO · 3m 3 minutes ago
Sunderland are lining up a big-money move for Wolves defender Danny Batth this summer. #safc #wwfc

Interesting...

Get the right money and tear their arm off!

I'd like Batth to stay. He's a solid player and has time on his side to improve.

I'd like Batth to stay as well - and we certainly wouldn't (or shouldn't) be selling him for anything under £4m

I'd like Batth to stay as well - and we certainly wouldn't (or shouldn't) be selling him for anything under £4m

How much did Maguire go to Hull for last season? Whatever it was Batth is worth double that as a minimum. He still has time to improve and he is learning plenty from playing alongside Stearman who I feel should be made captain allowing Danny to concentrate on his game

Batth isn't twice the player Maguire is.

Batth has more experience, plays regularly for a better team than Sheffield United and is further on in his career... Maguire has played ? times for Hull this season and can't even dislodge Bruce or McShane

Batth has more experience, plays regularly for a better team than Sheffield United and is further on in his career... Maguire has played ? times for Hull this season and can't even dislodge Bruce or McShane

Number of games played and quality of the rest of the team has no bearing on how good the two individuals in question are, it does seem odd that Maguire has struggled to dislodge some of the utter guff that regularly gets games at Hull but I think that's got far more to do with Bruce than how good he actually he is, he's played perfectly well on the odd occasion he's got into the side, had a storming game in one of the cups against Arsenal. Be interesting to see what happens with him next season, Hull look set to go down so you'd imagine a couple of players currently ahead of him in the pecking order will be axed and he should get a chance to show what he's about.

Regarding Maguire, we will see how things go for him next season and I guess having daddy as manager has helped Bruce jnr get games.
I had a check and Maguire went on loan to Wigan for the last part of the season playing 15 games so not getting in the Hull team is a bit of a non argument I guess

If Razak can come in and be anything like a 2.5m signing then it will be a massive boost.

Despite us paying his wages for 3 years and a large transfer fee, it almost feels like it will be a free transfer bonus!

I do hope both Boukari and Zeli can make an impact next season, I am not especially hopeful on either though.

I think Batth is just as good now as Berra was when we got promoted (+ a similar age) and Berra looked okay in the top flight. I don't think it's outwith the realms of possibility that Batth could go on to have a decent Premier League career. There are certainly a lot of worse centre backs who have turned out regularly for top flight sides in recent years.

Berra was 5 yards quicker though.
People used to moan that Berra was slow, he was not slow, he was actually one of the quickest players we had at the time.

Berra wasn't slow once he got going. He turned like a fridge though.

Five yards quicker, I don't think so. Van La Parra is not 'five yards quicker' than Jamie O'Hara.

Berra was, and still is, one paced. He isn't quick at all.

Berra was the quickest player at the club over 60 yds apparently. Problem is very few players sprint for 60 yds in a match

Berra made us look slow to through balls the other week when Ipswich were in town. His preseason run times were up there. He was an ex 400m runner, his top speed was excellent

Back