• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Even Americans would have trouble turning left on red - turning right is easier to get the hang of

Oops, surprised our American friend didn't pick up on that.

Why would you turn left if it's on red?

Whether it's over 5, 60 or 200 yards, I don't believe Berra was quicker than Matt Jarvis for a second. I'd love to know where this comes from, seen it brought up a few times.

My guess would be on stride lengths or something, Jarvis was what 5'6 and Berra 6'2?

Why would you turn left if it's on red?

Not left but right. In some states you can turn right if the light is on red and nothing else is coming (or there's a sign telling you not to).

Not left but right. In some states you can turn right if the light is on red and nothing else is coming (or there's a sign telling you not to).

Similar in France where you get a little amber flashing light about halfway down the pole

Tbh I'm not aware of any state where "right on red" isn't legal (unless explicitly stated by a sign, as you say).

I always assumed that "left on red" would have been just as legal in the UK.

Similar in France where you get a little amber flashing light about halfway down the pole

We have those for left turns (across lanes). Basically means "you can go now but if you get hit it's on you".

We do need to sign at least one striker as we only have two senior ones at the club, I don't think there's any longevity in using Van La Parra up there. I would expect any striker signing to be much lower key than a £3m buy though, we have greater pressing needs elsewhere, I think we'd only be spending that kind of money in that area if a really top player for this level (Dwight Gayle?) happened to just fall in our lap and we felt we couldn't pass up the opportunity. Mason has looked decent in the bits I've seen but I certainly wouldn't put him in that category nor would I say he is worth that kind of money at this stage.

I hope that's not true as £3m for a sub striker would be a bizarre bit of business.

Some fool has put an extra zero on that. £300,000 maybe.

I hope that's not true as £3m for a sub striker would be a bizarre bit of business.

Season finished a few weeks ago and I think we could put 2 teams out with the linked players so far. Long Summer ahead me thinks

Back