• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Jed Wallace is away on holiday at the moment but I've been told by my source we are pursuing this one right now. Competition for him is about but we are keen to do business soon.

Add Peter Taylor to the list of failed managers (previous incumbents: Dave Merrington, Steve Staunton) we've chucked a bone and let them do some scouting for us. Shouldn't think it'll impact on our recruitment overly although I'll be most upset if we now go and sign Junior Lewis.

Leicester as they have stayed up will strengthen again

So is there a midfielder there who would be an upgrade on what we have to allow us to play 4-4-2 and not struggle a bit in crntre midfield.

Would a Hammond or James or Drinkwater be a realistic option

What about Albrighton as a winger or am I being unrealistic ?

What about Loftus Cheek from Chelsea a loan season would be perfect for his development

I also like Bridcutt when he was at Brighton he could be an excellent choice, we could get him for £2m

James is out for the rest of 2015, with that in mind I don't think Drinkwater will be available, he's in the team at the moment. I don't think Hammond is better than what we have.

Albrighton is also in the team now so no chance.

Would take Bridcutt depending on wages.

James is out for the rest of 2015, with that in mind I don't think Drinkwater will be available, he's in the team at the moment. I don't think Hammond is better than what we have.

But if Leicester bought in new players as they are sure to do these guys may be available

We can't really have our business defined by what Leicester may or may not do though. Besides which new signings will mean that those players who are already on the fringes are the ones likely to be made available, not the ones currently in the first team. If we signed a new central midfielder it would mean that one of Evans, Saville or Rowe was likely to be on the way, not McDonald or Price.

Can't see Bridcutt being that good of a fit for Wolves, a 442 of him alongside McDonald would be a lot more solid than what's currently available but you're still painfully short on goals from midfield with that setup.

I don't see McDonald's place as being sacrosanct at this level, I want us to sign more than one central midfielder.

Berra wasn't slow once he got going. He turned like a fridge though.

Five yards quicker, I don't think so. Van La Parra is not 'five yards quicker' than Jamie O'Hara.

Berra had the turning circle of the QE2. Quick in one direction but reverse and turn- forget it

Other than location (which we can do nothing about) we are unequivocally a better option than Fulham.

Does anyone know who are/is behind this 'here is the city' website? They have a lot of stories published at the moment but none ever seem to have much substance. I see Pete O'Rourke put a link to the article in his tweet however?

They're London based is all I know. I give them the same credence as I give Vital Football etc, if you have no record and no verifiable quotes then I'm not interested. Anyone can build a website and make up transfer stories.

They're London based is all I know. I give them the same credence as I give Vital Football etc, if you have no record and no verifiable quotes then I'm not interested. Anyone can build a website and make up transfer stories.

Yep agree, just wondered why the sky chap, O'Rourke, put their link to his tweet.

Pete O is a bit hit and miss, I'd be very surprised if his Batth to Sunderland story had any legs to it at all. He's alright but I don't think he's that in the know.

Would be amazed if Wallace chose Fulham over Wolves: he's absolutely adored by Pompey fans, seems a decent guy and I'd think he'd be absolutely the type of player/person KJ would want to sign.

Fulham are supposed to be splashing the cash this Summer. I presume they won't spend all their money on a £12m no better than decent Championship forward this time. I would imagine salary would be higher there as they have 2 more parachute payments to come and with ex Prem players and McCormack on their books their ceiling will be higher than ours. Depends what's important to him I suppose.

Fulham need to buy 6-7 players to be anywhere near competitive whereas we already are there, we want a few in to go for the title. Fulham are tied with Rotherham for worst team down here this season as far as I'm concerned, they were pathetic.

Back