• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

I hope you are all right about our back four. I have a feeling that there may be problems this year at the back unless we get more cover. We need either an experienced CB who can bring the ball out, or preferably a defensive midfielder, although this latter option could mean a change in the basic playing style/formation.

Zero reason whatsoever for us to loan out either of Hause or EEL next year. Playing next to Stears will continue to help their development immensely.

With Batth's injury, they'll certainly have their chance to make an impression. I wouldn't be surprised to see EEL start the season in the first team.

Two players for every position is the target.

Last time I counted Batth, Stearman, Hause, EEL was two players per position. We don't need a centre half unless we sell and upgrade. They are all perfectly adequate at Championship level. Why the fuck would you necessitate the requirement to get another CB in by loaning someone out? That seems profoundly counter-intuitive.

Why the fuck would you necessitate the requirement to get another CB in by loaning someone out? That seems profoundly counter-intuitive.

It could be like a Price situation though. One of the 4 likely to be outside the 18, so best loaning them out maybe?

If Batth goes to Sunderland we should get someone in. Otherwise, no need.

It could be like a Price situation though. One of the 4 likely to be outside the 18, so best loaning them out maybe?

Perhaps, but you wouldn't then sign someone else so they were even further down the queue when they came back.

2 in team, one on bench. The other on loan with recall option

We won't loan one of them out unless we sign a left back to compete/cover Golbourne I'd imagine. Maybe it'll be different when Rowe is back.

We won't loan one of them out unless we sign a left back to compete/cover Golbourne I'd imagine. Maybe it'll be different when Rowe is back.

He'll displace Golbourne ay

I'd rather have Matt Doherty at left back than Tommy Rowe. And I can't stand Matt Doherty.

Not sure I'd go that far, but no worries, OP was firmly tongue in cheek.

We could have been the founders of the anti-Doherty club. Make shirts and everything.

What kind of MF is he? Partner for KMac, or replacement for Dave?

Back