• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Let's hope we can get that deal done - a very good young player who appears to have a decent attitude (going by what he's said in the media) who won't break the bank who plays in a position we need to strengthen being signed early in the window.

Ticks all the boxes for me.

Ah, I love the post-ITK tweet, pre-signing excitement. Followed by the delay, anxiety and name calling due to the ineviatable delay in official news; concluded with ultimate devastation or relief and a sense of entitlement depending on whether the signing happens or not. :D

And

"Moxey and Morgan no ambition" if he signs elsewhere, plus

"Moxey and Morgan overpaying for a division 2 nobody" if he joins us.

For me, he looks a cracking signing. Looks like we want to get some early business done. Hopefully it points toward a reasonably active summer.

Good stuff, hopefully we get the deal done. A good attitude with good technical ability and a football brain. yes please.

We're in talks with Kuszczak over a new deal.

I'd imagine if he stays that Flatt will be off on loan again, McCarey is likely to be binned and Burgoyne will be No.1 for the u21's.

There's a cracking article on the OS regarding the young keepers at the club, it seems like we've got another good crop!

Jed Wallace would be a cracking signing, looks like he can find the net and now it looks like we've finally got a natural penalty taker to replace Griffiths.

Twitter reports first sighting of Jed Wallace at the training ground...

Good stuff, hopefully we get the deal done. A good attitude with good technical ability and a football brain. yes please.
Those are the usual requirements for me, I would hope Wolves sign good passers of the ball this summer.

Summer Transfer Thread

I couldn't see one, but if there is let me know and I'll merge.

@SportsPeteO · 3h3 hours ago
Portsmouth midfielder Jed Wallace set for a medical at Wolves

Ah, I love the post-ITK tweet, pre-signing excitement. Followed by the delay, anxiety and name calling due to the ineviatable delay in official news; concluded with ultimate devastation or relief and a sense of entitlement depending on whether the signing happens or not. :D

Yes, I'm fully prepared now for days of bellyaching about "why hasn't he signed yet? There must be a hitch" despite our medicals quite obviously taking a few days to complete, based on pretty much every player we have signed over the last two years, and it being the middle of May.

June 1st I think but you can sign players whenever you want, you just can't register them to play until the window opens.

We are allowed to announce a legally binding transfer agreement 365 days a year. We will just have to wait to register him as our player until a window opens, this coming one opening in mid-June or so. With both teams' seasons over, there are no real reasons why either side would wish to delay. Of course our medicals are pretty rigorous, so personally I can't see anything confirmed this week in any case.

Back