• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

My source is adamant we are right at the head of the queue to sign Wallace. If the lad has any footballing sense he'd choose us as a potential upgrade on Edwards, his style would fit right into a squad on the up. Momentum is there and it'd help him make the step up IMO. A move to Fulham (money and location a plus for him there) would be a lot more risky for his career I'd like to hazard a guess at.

My source is adamant we are right at the head of the queue to sign Sami Khedira.

Easy to say things like that innit

GFFH has got team news ahead of the curve before tbf, I trust him more than some no name website. Or someone who doesn't understand decimal points ;)

GFFH has got team news ahead of the curve before tbf, I trust him more than some no name website. Or someone who doesn't understand decimal points ;)

Touche.

pwned!

In other news, thought this Jez quote is worth remembering:
Moxey says Wolves will spend as they look to improve on their seventh-placed finish and they are targeting players of similar age, background and experience. [to Afobe]

“If we could find another Benik Afobe, we’d get him,” he said.

“We want to get players similar to the ones we’ve got.

“It comes at a price but we’re willing to do that this summer if we can.

“There won’t be loads of them but strategically we’ll try to strengthen the team if we can.

I think that's a poor quote LJ. It's obvious that if there were more Afobe type players about we should go and get them.

He then says, there won't be loads of them. No. Fucking. Shit Jez. But the worst sentence is the one where he says we are looking at players similar to the ones we have. We should be looking to improve the squad by bringing in higher quality players which will allow an already gifted squad to improve.

He's such a piss poor PR man.

Twitter seems to be suggesting that Fulham are at the front of the queue for Wallace. Pinning my hopes on GFFH

Twitter seems to be suggesting that Fulham are at the front of the queue for Wallace. Pinning my hopes on GFFH

Well there's only the bright lights that'll attract him, because the state of the football club isn't going to. If it is it shows the mentally of the man then.

I think that's a poor quote LJ. It's obvious that if there were more Afobe type players about we should go and get them.

He then says, there won't be loads of them. No. Fucking. Shit Jez. But the worst sentence is the one where he says we are looking at players similar to the ones we have. We should be looking to improve the squad by bringing in higher quality players which will allow an already gifted squad to improve.

He's such a piss poor PR man.

My focus was more on the signing younger players, as I've seen a few posts suggesting 30 year old players released by their clubs on a free might be options.
It could all be spin and bullshit. My gut feeling is we won't sign anyone over the age of 27.

If Ricketts leaves (which I think is very likely, at least in his playing capacity), then we MAY be looking at one experienced player. I could see us signing a centre midfielder, who's a good footballer who knows the division well enough.

That said at centre midfield I would rather be looking at Chalobah but we shall see.

There's nothing wrong with an experienced player as long as the fit is right for the club. e.g. Gignac from Marseille is 29 but IMO would be a good fit for the club if not too expensive, and scores for fun in Ligue 1.

I understand CB Stefan Strandberg is still looking to move to England from Rosenborg, where's Copenhagen Wolf when you need him? ;)

Gignac to wolves?? no chance..i like him as a player though..

I understand CB Stefan Strandberg is still looking to move to England from Rosenborg, where's Copenhagen Wolf when you need him? ;)[/QUOTE]

Like the look of this guy right age height reasonable experience if he is quick enough and can pass then why not

Good shout !!

I understand CB Stefan Strandberg is still looking to move to England from Rosenborg, where's Copenhagen Wolf when you need him? ;)

Like the look of this guy right age height reasonable experience if he is quick enough and can pass then why not

Good shout !![/QUOTE]

I think if Wolves look for an experienced centre back this summer they will target a British player with plenty of experience in the Premier league/Championship.
Someone like Michael Turner who has been messed about by both Norwich and Fulham and would join Wolves without a transfer fee.

I don't think there's any way we're going to sign a centre half. We already have four options who are fine for this level plus Iorfa could shift across if they all got struck down with Ebola.

I don't think there's any way we're going to sign a centre half. We already have four options who are fine for this level plus Iorfa could shift across if they all got struck down with Ebola.

I understand what u r saying but there no experienced back up for the first choice pair.

If one had a bad injury I dont think EEL or Hause is ready yet.

I would send EEL out on loan for a season to get experience

Turner is not a bad shout to replace Ricketts as an experienced head in the squad

Jackett rates Ebanks-Landell extremely highly and he's 22 now, if he isn't ready for second tier football at this stage then he never will be.

EEL is absolutely ready for this level imo and probably Hause too, it would be a waste of money and the talent we have to sign a CB

Back