• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

At least he says the UEFA FFP is bollocks
Basically brushes past it and says "shouldn't be an issue"

If he is going to do a piece like this then I would expect more than padding out some things Jeff told him 6 months ago.
Why not get in touch with the people who can properly take him through FFP and the UEFA stuff. Educate us a bit rather the rewrite stuff that's already been said.

I've seen suggestions they will sell for 8-10 million

Linked with United and Arsenal though
I know's made of paper but at that price he has to be worth a shot.

Will almost certainly want UCL football, though.

I said I didn't think Jeff was lying about FFP but it turns out he was....maybe

Last edited:
I said I didn't think Jeff was lying about FFP but it turns out he was.

That's not good in my book.
I must have missed something, how do we know he was lying?

No snark; genuine question.

not actually what the article says. In fact the story doesn't dwell on it at all in the rush to repeat a story from 2 years ago.

Lying when it's possible to prove you are relatively easily is all the rage these days.

Spiers paragraph is as follows:

It should also be noted Wolves fell foul of UEFA’s FFP regulations after they reached the Europa League, meaning they need to post an aggregate break-even result for the financial years ending 2019, 2020 and 2021, with the club having to submit its accounts to UEFA, although it isn’t thought this has had an impact on spending.

I must have missed something, how do we know he was lying?

No snark; genuine question.
Jeff said FFP was really holding us back (or words to that effect) in the Talking Wolves thing they did.

A few folk have said Spiers writes that it isn't the case.

Lying when it's possible to prove you are relatively easily is all the rage these days.

Spiers paragraph is as follows:

It should also be noted Wolves fell foul of UEFA’s FFP regulations after they reached the Europa League, meaning they need to post an aggregate break-even result for the financial years ending 2019, 2020 and 2021, with the club having to submit its accounts to UEFA, although it isn’t thought this has had an impact on spending.
Well that detailed analysis answers everything 😂

Seems to be hard for any of the journalists to get any info on targets but if Keen is saying we aren't interested I believe him as the work he's done so far has been decent and he's shown that he will actaully research and look into things.
What I also like is when he is just reading someone else's Twitter feed he credits them rather than trying to passing it off as his own info

Wolves are following 1,878 on twitter now....I guess someone is leaving 😂😂😂
They follow a mate of mine and all he does is moan about Wolves. There’s one they could ditch.

Meant to share this. Was hoping this would be good, but it's a bit of a nothing article. Does nothing to answer why being self-sufficient means a zero net spend.
Yep.

Literally writes “Despite the massive increase in transfer outlays, Wolves would have made a profit in both those seasons were it not for the pandemic”.

So with income pretty much being the same (if not more, with sales etc.) there should be more room for transfer spend not less

UEFA FFP is definitely the issue. You could see it in black and white in the UEFA pdfs that were posted the other day.

The profit we've made means we have headroom to spend. We could spend about £50m this summer by my back of fag packet and probably wrong calcs and still meet the FFP agreement

I'm on the fence about this whole discussion, but if this is the case, why are we not spending then? What's the endgame? Just being tight?

I'm on the fence about this whole discussion, but if this is the case, why are we not spending then? What's the endgame? Just being tight?
Let's not ignore the blindingly obvious that my view and calcs might be wrong

It's a genuine (not loaded) question, just wondering if people think Fosun are no longer really committed
Or they've just suffered one of their worst trading years in recent memory ?

Let's not ignore the blindingly obvious that my view and calcs might be wrong

Undoubtedly would be better than any calcs I made!

It's a genuine (not loaded) question, just wondering if people think Fosun are no longer really committed

Undoubtedly would be better than any calcs I made!

It all depends on what the squad looks like on 1st September. Every transfer window up to this one I'd say they have been, just by the amount they've spent on players. Obviously we can argue about the value and the merits of signing some of them, but the intent has been there.

60641A1D-1A54-4B52-A858-F7A8E5C68827.jpeg
Which Twitter profile linked him to us a couple of days ago? Another to cross off the list

Back