• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I dunno, you can get a ball in between Marcal and Saiss no matter how deep they are tbh. We've played deep with shit defenders and still looked leaky as fuck. We only look solid when we're in the old 7-0-3

I would still play Marcal as a LCB until Boly or Mosquera are back. Dendoncker and Neves in Front with Semedo and RAN alongside.

Last edited:
The trouble with that is as we saw against Celta in the first half, we didn't exactly press but still played a high line and the balls through the channels killed us every single time. We didn't deny them anything in that half and it shouldn't have taken 45 minutes to change it. That sort of stuff will kill you in the PL.
Wasn't all that bad, their only chance was a dodgy as fuck penalty...

I would be more concerned if we had continued that way for the 90 mins. Our previous poor first 45 saw Lage scrap the 4 at the back, so hopefully the 2nd will see the end of the midfield partnership that leaves just way too much room

Wasn't all that bad, their only chance was a dodgy as fuck penalty...

I would be more concerned if we had continued that way for the 90 mins. Our previous poor first 45 saw Lage scrap the 4 at the back, so hopefully the 2nd will see the end of the midfield partnership that leaves just way too much room
You might missed the guy running past a statuesque Kilman and sleepy Coady in the second half.

Sa came out quickly enough and had the strikers touch been better or he had a left foot they'd have scored.

Agree with the change at HT. That showed a change in style we haven't seen under Nuno.

So they're either rubbish or true? Seems like the usual E&S quality journalism...

Ah, my favourite time of the window- journos squashing rumours without any insights as to who we're actually looking to sign. Always delightful.

Ah, my favourite time of the window- journos squashing rumours without any insights as to who we're actually looking to sign. Always delightful.
Seems to be hard for any of the journalists to get any info on targets but if Keen is saying we aren't interested I believe him as the work he's done so far has been decent and he's shown that he will actaully research and look into things.

You might missed the guy running past a statuesque Kilman and sleepy Coady in the second half.

Sa came out quickly enough and had the strikers touch been better or he had a left foot they'd have scored.

Agree with the change at HT. That showed a change in style we haven't seen under Nuno.
I did think of that myself, it was poor, although i did think he was offside.

I guess that is one positive of VAR/a high line. If we get our offside trap right it will 100% work, rather than having to rely on a human.

I am shitting myself about Vardy though, he's not scored against us in open play(?), we all know that's because of the way we play. With this new system assuming he is fit and firing he will have a field day.

I did think of that myself, it was poor, although i did think he was offside.

I guess that is one positive of VAR/a high line. If we get our offside trap right it will 100% work, rather than having to rely on a human.

I am shitting myself about Vardy though, he's not scored against us in open play(?), we all know that's because of the way we play. With this new system assuming he is fit and firing he will have a field day.
Dendoncker tracking him will be key. Also playing a little higher and with VAR should help catch him offside?

Cutrone goes on loan and knocks money off his transfer value with each move. :ROFLMAO:

I don't think Cutrone's really an answer, but I'd rather spend on a CB than a forward to replace him.

A loan also means nothing extra in the pot for players, seeing as how we're apparently skint nowadays.

You can only sell what people want to buy.

That Vallejo/Cutrone transfer window was not a classic

Back