• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

We got a lad in his early twenties to relocate from Barcelona to Wolverhampton so it's possible

Maybe Shi/Sellars/Wolves could take a leaf out of this guys book?

Instead, Wolves have tweeted a photo of Bruno with the caption “B R U N O”. Fucking idiots.

So he didn’t want to move. Didn’t want to pay for Botman, Sanches, Moore or Kamara. What about the other 4995 targets?
Botman didn't want to come.
Sanchez, no idea why we didn't push it but he possibly didn't want to come.
Kamara, no idea mate, seemed like a no-brainer.
Moore, :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: fuck that! We did, apparently have a price we were willing to pay but Cardiff thought "they're desparate so will pay any amount we want" and, thankfully, we didn't.
4995, Twitter, Facebook, social media click bait bullshit

That was a lot easier a few years ago, it managed to get Jota, Neves, Boly, Moutinho, Patricio through the door.

But after months of "selling to buy" rhetoric, shelving ground development and seeing our table place fall, it's not as easy, but you'd have thought Shi & Co. might have thought of that.

Yes mate valid point, but you can still sell the club and area even if the project might be lacking now. Even the project you could use the example of Jota, look what happens when you do well at Wolves.

Make them feel wanted, it does along way doesn't it if someone goes out of their way to to do that. It comes across from the outside like, at 16.15 or whatever on deadline day someone has gone - we've accepted a bid from Wolverhampton Wanderers, do you fancy it?

Obviously all this is huge speculation on my part, but it would appear not if we've had bids accepted and the players have turned us down, because what's the point of bidding if we already know they don't want to come.

We shouldn't be finding out on the 31st of August whether somebody fancies joining us for fucks sake. There's a difference between not being able to agree personal terms, and just not knowing whether somebody would consider you. Absolute amateurs. Fucking clueless

Botman didn't want to come.
Sanchez, no idea why we didn't push it but he possibly didn't want to come.
Kamara, no idea mate, seemed like a no-brainer.
Moore, :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: fuck that! We did, apparently have a price we were willing to pay but Cardiff thought "they're desparate so will pay any amount we want" and, thankfully, we didn't.
4995, Twitter, Facebook, social media click bait bullshit
Nah our mate Scott Sellars said they had dossiers on 5000 players!

We're a PL club in our fourth season, plenty of shite clubs and relative minnows throughout the years in this league have managed to attract decent players.

It's not like DCC, Botman and co are elite players or anything right now either, we must have made a right cock up to end up empty-handed

We shouldn't be finding out on the 31st of August whether somebody fancies joining us for fucks sake. There's a difference between not being able to agree personal terms, and just not knowing whether somebody would consider you. Absolute amateurs. Fucking clueless
Absolutely this. It's piss poor of any recruitment team not to find this out.

Nah our mate Scott Sellars said they had dossiers on 5000 players!
It's called Wyscout.

I have no idea what Sellars is like as a person or his qualifications to do the job but this window hasn't covered him in glory or had anybody sit up and take notice of his abilities.

Dossiers on 5000 players? How many have actually been watched by scouts we pay to do that job? Or is it basically some kind of online scouting database? If that’s what it is Shi may as well just run the club by playing Football Manager…

Doesn't mean they're all of interest by the time the dossier has been put together.
Wasn’t a serious comment. More just highlighting that we somehow couldn’t find a single CM target to come in which wouldnt leave us with just 3 players. Whilst also highlighting my comment of “5000” wasn’t based on me counting up shitty links on social media.

Dossiers on 5000 players? How many have actually been watched by scouts we pay to do that job? Or is it basically some kind of online scouting database? If that’s what it is Shi may as well just run the club by playing Football Manager…

I did buy Boubacar Kamara as a backup CB in Fifa 20...was pretty decent

It'll be online databases, presumably some video scouting. We won't have had in person scouting reports on anything close to 5000 players

It'll be online databases, presumably some video scouting. We won't have had in person scouting reports on anything close to 5000 players
I thought that, but surely any that we had any serious interest in we would have been watching them for a prolonged period? Maybe even put feelers out to agents to assess if there was any level of interest from the player in joining? Maybe I’m being naive, but seems like that’s the sort of thing a well run club might do?

I think we use both Wyscout and Instat which are video scouting with databases to go with it. You also have Statsbomb and Smarterscout which offer bespoke services. I know Brentford have their own in-house stats folk with their own databases from the latter two.

We run a scouting department as well and this is for going to see targets so you have subjective and objective reports on players. Agents are rarely consulted as they tend to have flappy mouths.

I think we use both Wyscout and Instat which are video scouting with databases to go with it. You also have Statsbomb and Smarterscout which offer bespoke services. I know Brentford have their own in-house stats folk with their own databases from the latter two.

We run a scouting department as well and this is for going to see targets so you have subjective and objective reports on players. Agents are rarely consulted as they tend to have flappy mouths.
Are we sure about this part??

a-fistful-of-dollars-clint-eastwood.gif

We need that laughing emoji back or at least a tip hat emoji.

Last edited:
Back