• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I don't know anything about Samaris and at 32 older than ideal, but available, played 40 odd games for Bruno and in a position of need. The below isn't a link, just speculation

I saw Alex Goncalves mention him on Twitter yesterday suggesting we may try and sign him. I also know nothing about him but I guess he’d at least be an extra midfielder.

More unrealistic hope than expectation about signing free agents for me. I can't remember any free agents that have made a positive impact in the Premier League. Then again I don't have the memory of many on here when it comes to football nerderey.

Our very own Vio was a freebie. Did alright apart from missing a pen against Villa.

There are a few others but it's a stab in the dark really.

Samaris has had achilles tendon surgery according to Transfermarkt. No idea when he had it or how long he's out for though.

He agreed to have his contract cancelled earlier this week, so he must be close otherwise presumably he'd stay and get paid.

Would Samaris qualify for a work permit? 9 appearances for Benfica last season, hasn't played for Greece since 2019.

Not sure why, but the ‘Jeff shi you’re a wanker’ made me chuckle. Too the beat of ‘Stevie bulls a tatter’ I presume?

Made me laugh. An upbeat, abusive chant.

Seeing as no one obliged, I'll murder it:

Jeff Shi you're a wanker, you wear a 3k watch
You signed no fucking players,
What a big fat fucking bodge,
Say one thing with your left hand,
Do another with your right,
And now we see the final squad, it's laughing emojis all night

Well it started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle and the less said about the end the better! But apart from that, excellent!

So he didn’t want to move. Didn’t want to pay for Botman, Sanches, Moore or Kamara. What about the other 4995 targets?

Can't think of any circumstance where I'd want to live near a shithole like Marseille when I had the offer of living in Spain or playing in the premier League earning probably more money. Especially when told I wasn't wanted, really odd decision you have to wonder who is advising him?

Can't think of any circumstance where I'd want to live near a shithole like Marseille when I had the offer of living in Spain or playing in the premier League earning probably more money. Especially when told I wasn't wanted, really odd decision you have to wonder who is advising him?
Apparently his wife.

You'd have hoped we'd have spent a few months selling the club/area/project to any targets we had.

We're hardly a global powerhouse are we (Mexico apart). Big decision to just relocate your whole life to an area/club you know fuck all about with only a few hours notice.

You'd have hoped we'd have spent a few months selling the club/area/project to any targets we had.

That was a lot easier a few years ago, it managed to get Jota, Neves, Boly, Moutinho, Patricio through the door.

But after months of "selling to buy" rhetoric, shelving ground development and seeing our table place fall, it's not as easy, but you'd have thought Shi & Co. might have thought of that.

Back