• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Don’t rate par by Arsenal being fucking insane. It’s a fucking great deal and if you can’t see that there isn’t a lot I can say to help you.

With more people talking about potential spending regarding Mir's sale and how much we can spend, you usually forget what we're still spending on existing players so I've done a quick calculation (hopefully the image below doesn't stretch the screen) to work out who we're still paying for in the P&L and what will effect FFP.

Some assumptions/points...I know Neves is contracted til 2024 but I have no idea when that contract was signed, so his hit should be lower but not by that much, I've assumed anything less than £500k gets written off in prior seasons, transfer fees are best I can find info on, Dendoncker could be different but no one seems to know when he signed (the whole loan/permanent mess) and how long for initially and I can't find info on Bolla's contract length so assumed 5 years.

One last point, if we take up the option to extend Semedo's contract by 2 years there's a P&L saving of £4m to be had.

And yes, I'm bored.
Wolves transfer costs 21-22.PNG

That’s probably not a bad assessment there. My assessment. Fecking loads of wiggle room with that sale.

Proof will be in the pudding. I think it’s a good fee as I don’t think he is that good. But if he proves me wrong and smashes it then we’ve undercharged.

Well just have a look at fees that Liverpool manage to get for some of their kids that had been nowhere near as impressive as Mir has:

Ibe - 15mill
Wilson - 13mill
Solanke - 30mill
Danny Ward - 13mill

We have just sold a young striker who has done really well in a recent International tournament, and performed well for a weak side at the top level in Spain for 13mill, and we are also selling a full International midfielder for 3.6mill.

As i said, i don't think we are being ripped off, but this is far from some amazing Levy/Moxey(!) masterclass.

Proof will be in the pudding. I think it’s a good fee as I don’t think he is that good. But if he proves me wrong and smashes it then we’ve undercharged.
If he'd scored 7/8before Xmas he'd have signed a pre contract agreement with a Spansih side in Jan so your break even is him getting you 7 PL places or keeping you up. Selling him financially and personnally - he didn't want to be here, was a no brainer

What weve never had , we will never miss. That sums Mir up at this club, a very good fee for him though. NOW, are we going to dip into the transfer market Jeff ? Well get a fucking move on.

It's not lose 13 mil though is it. This is like when people lose a bet and say 'that goal cost me 400quid' - You never had that money in the first place!
I stand corrected, anyway keeping him only to fuck off for nowt would have been as stupid as my initial comment above.

Otasowie wants to go. Has refused to sign a new deal. And has played only a few times. That’s getting whatever you can.

Mir can sign a pre nup to go for free in five months. That’s what you seem completely blind to.

Otasowie wants to go. Has refused to sign a new deal. And has played only a few times. That’s getting whatever you can.

Mir can sign a pre nup to go for free in five months. That’s what you seem completely blind to.
I'm not blind to it at all, i just recognise that young strikers who score goals have a greater value on their heads than any other, so as i say, i think the fee is par. Especially when you consider what we spent on Fabio Silva.

As for OO, when the initial talk of the 3mill bid came in, many said they'd want 5, now we've been offered 3.6, people suddenly seem happy with it, odd. A young full International midfielder, with a few games in the Prem, i think 3.6 is a bit disappointing to be honest especially when you have a look at those Liverpool sales.

We won’t agree on this one so I’m out. Perhaps apply to join the outward transfer team at Wolves and make us a boatload more money.

Jordan Ibe. Signed a FIVE year contract at Liverpool in 2015. Sold in 2016 with four years left on it.

We won’t agree on this one so I’m out. Perhaps apply to join the outward transfer team at Wolves and make us a boatload more money.
Oh right, perhaps we should never be critical of anyone ever again then, unless we are able to do their job. Be it Saunders, Lage or any player ever. Daft response.

It is par in my opinion, any less than what he went for and that would he too little.

Yes he only had 12 months left but that works both ways, it's not as simple as Sevilla waiting 12 months and then picking him up for free. Alot of other clubs would have been in the mix then as well, especially if he does as well this season as last. Plus of course they obviously want a striker now, not in 12 months. I think they'll be pretty happy to get him for what they have in the end.

Oh right, perhaps we should never be critical of anyone ever again then, unless we are able to do their job. Be it Saunders, Lage or any player ever. Daft response.
To an utterly daft argument that steadfastly refuses to understand the effect of remaining contract length on transfer fees. I’m done.

If there’s one thing to criticise Wolves for it is failing to harness the talent on message boards - the majority of posters seem to be masters of selling high, and buying low and quick - an unforgiveable oversight.

If he'd scored 7/8before Xmas he'd have signed a pre contract agreement with a Spansih side in Jan so your break even is him getting you 7 PL places or keeping you up. Selling him financially and personnally - he didn't want to be here, was a no brainer
The bottom line is he didn’t want to be here and we need the money. So yes, no brainer.

I don’t think he’s that good so we’ve got decent value for a player in the last year of his contract. I don’t think we could have got more as I don’t think he’s anything special. If I’m wrong and he is special then we’ve undercharged, that’s all I was saying.

He’s not going to be on much above about 40k at Sevilla. Think Ocampos is on about 30k. If he was really good I’m sure we could have given him a year extension on 60k with a release fee. But as he doesn’t want to be here, we don’t think he’s that good and we want the money then that hasn’t happened and he’s off

Well just have a look at fees that Liverpool manage to get for some of their kids that had been nowhere near as impressive as Mir has:

Ibe - 15mill
Wilson - 13mill
Solanke - 30mill
Danny Ward - 13mill

We have just sold a young striker who has done really well in a recent International tournament, and performed well for a weak side at the top level in Spain for 13mill, and we are also selling a full International midfielder for 3.6mill.

As i said, i don't think we are being ripped off, but this is far from some amazing Levy/Moxey(!) masterclass.
They have liverpool on their CV though. Holds a lot more clout than ourselves

If there’s one thing to criticise Wolves for it is failing to harness the talent on message boards - the majority of posters seem to be masters of selling high, and buying low and quick - an unforgiveable oversight.

You know this is a message board? A place where people come to give their opinions? There really is no need to be a prick when you disagree with someone who doesn't share your view.

No clue on the Liverpool players but will take a guess they weren't in the final year of deals and made it clear they want out. That seriously hampers the value if clubs know they want out and in less than 12 months will be free. Chuck in that OOwen apparently has a history of being a bit of a nobber, so what would he be like if we refused to sell him and kept him for another year.

We can look at Southampton who recently picked up £42m for 2 players in their final year but they came with a) Years of experience and b) Happy to stay at the club for another year, so Southampton took a gamble on their pricing and got 1 club with £100m to spend and another desperate for a CB (lets ignore we are as well...)

So, £17m+ for 2 lads that don't want to be here and can go for £0 in a few months has to be seen as a decent deal for us. We don't now what add ons/sell ons we have included either.

Back