• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

The bottom line is he didn’t want to be here and we need the money. So yes, no brainer.

I don’t think he’s that good so we’ve got decent value for a player in the last year of his contract. I don’t think we could have got more as I don’t think he’s anything special. If I’m wrong and he is special then we’ve undercharged, that’s all I was saying.

He’s not going to be on much above about 40k at Sevilla. Think Ocampos is on about 30k. If he was really good I’m sure we could have given him a year extension on 60k with a release fee. But as he doesn’t want to be here, we don’t think he’s that good and we want the money then that hasn’t happened and he’s off
You were literally arguing the exact opposite point when it came to Silva with me the other day!

Thanks for bringing Ings up Kenny, 30million for a 29 year old striker in the final year of his contract. That pisses all over this argument that we have "done well" to get what we have for a 24 year old regular scorer in Spain's top league.

You know this is a message board? A place where people come to give their opinions? There really is no need to be a prick when you disagree with someone who doesn't share your view.
Just because I don’t share your opinion, please don’t call me a prick because you don’t agree with my post.

Like i said it's not the worst deal we've ever done, far from it, but a certain 35million purchase looks all the more interesting now doesn't it.

Just because I don’t share your opinion, please don’t call me a prick because you don’t agree with my post.
Na, that's not what happened is it. You didn't argue the point in a mature or sensible manner, you just made a snarky comment. So i called you a naughty name for it.

You were literally arguing the exact opposite point when it came to Silva with me the other day!
Rafa Mir has just scored 12 goals in La Liga for a shit team and is on the brink of the Spain squad. I still don’t think this means he’s any good, but I haven’t watched him play so he may be really good… so if he is, we’ve undercharged.

Fabio Silva had scored 1 goal, barely any first team minutes and still to this day hasn’t shown that he is worth more than £15m. I find it laughable how you think these two scenarios are comparable!

Thanks for bringing Ings up Kenny, 30million for a 29 year old striker in the final year of his contract. That pisses all over this argument that we have "done well" to get what we have for a 24 year old regular scorer in Spain's top league.
You can't compare the 2 can you? Mir made his name in a B team then did next to nothing in England, an average loan at Las Palmas before having a break out season for Huesca. If we had sold Mir for 500k last summer no one would have cared

Na, that's not what happened is it. You didn't argue the point in a mature or sensible manner, you just made a snarky comment. So i called you a naughty name for it.
If your post had merited a mature or sensible response, you’d have got it - it didn’t, and you have joined a small, select band to be ignored - farewell……

You can't compare the 2 can you? Mir made his name in a B team then did next to nothing in England, an average loan at Las Palmas before having a break out season for Huesca. If we had sold Mir for 500k last summer no one would have cared
No you can't compare the two, ones nearly 30, very injury prone and went for double the amount Mir just has.

Of course it isn't easy to compare Ings and Mir, but...

Ings - a 29 year old striker in his final year of his contract, with an excellent scoring record, but a player whose value will drop, has a history of injuries and as said is 29.

Mir - a 24 year old who scored a lot of goals for a really poor team, and is banging the door of the international squad.

Is Mir really worth less than half Ings value?

If your post had merited a mature or sensible response, you’d have got it - it didn’t, and you have joined a small, select band to be ignored - farewell……
An initial post that said we got about par for 2 players, then went on to argue why i had that opinion with examples wasn't mature or sensible?

Ok pal. Your standards are clearly extremely high (y)

Ings - a 29 year old striker in his final year of his contract, with an excellent scoring record, but a player whose value will drop, has a history of injuries and as said is 29.

Mir - a 24 year old who scored a lot of goals for a really poor team, and is banging the door of the international squad.

TBF you didn't even say he was worth MORE than what we got did you? Just that we got what we should have, I don't know why people have reacted so strongly to you saying we got his market value. Jesus christ

Yes?

Reactions: jlo

I would say yes to be honest. You know what you are getting with Ings, he comes with history. His fee is high as Southampton were happy to keep him for his final year and at least get the benefit of his 10-15+ goals. So they put a price that matches that and had a club happy to spend money, due to a recent lottery win
Mir - 1 good season in La Liga, wants out of club and in final year of his deal. I would say anything over £10m is good. All I hope is we put a decent sell on % should he carry on the scoring form he found last season.

That's where you can say we've been epically wank. €35m for a child nowhere near ready for first team football and yet Sevilla have picked up a good proven striker for less than half.

Whereas I think they overpaid for ings, he is still worth more than Mir

mid table teams in the prem spend more funds then your mid table teams in Spain to my knowledge.

also Ings comes with the pedigree of what he’s done last few years, and also the ‘Liverpool name’ on his CV.

personally think 13m for a player who’s played 3 games for us (or however many) in the last year of his contract for 10x more than we bought him for is pretty decent

Yes. Ings comes with a more consistent goal scoring record, has an English club tax, English player tax and Villa with stupid amount ready to be spent tax.
I’m happy with what we’ve got but anyone thinking we will sign someone for 4 times the price as we are allowed to for FFP will be disappointed. If we had a spare £39m ready to spend it would have been done by now.
It seems to me that cash flow rather than FFP wriggle room is Fosun’s focus at the moment.

Last edited:
The Mir / Silva comparisons don't really wash. When Mir was Silva's age he was failing at forest wasn't he?

I have faith Silva will become a very, very good player.
We in effect have taken a very expensive punt, which is abit odd for a club of our standing.

Back