• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Or its more likely that whoever runs the social accounts is somehow not in the loop of people getting news on transfers, bids and targets perhaps!? So probably had no idea he would be gone so soon.

Similarly worried about the lack of everything.

I'm getting a bit desperate now to be honest. It's like we're in the kebab shop at the end of the night having not managed to pull anyone, I'd take any old minger at this point.
If you know there will be a load more girls than blokes at the taxi rank and they want to share a cab no point going ugly in the kebab shop!

I'd imagine is part of the "dance" when doing transfers, make it look conceivable to Seville that he could form part of our squad, especially when Lage also said he'd talk to Mir to understand what his future would hold.

Not doing that stuff gives Seville to say "we're dropping our offer because we know he has not future and you want to sell"
It was literally yesterday (or the day before), wasn’t it? The transfer would have been well under way by then and I highly doubt a few snaps of Mir on our Twitter feed would have made them blink twice.

The whole thing just seems a bit… desperate? Same with Cutrone. It’s just another example of things looking like amateur hour.

Regardless of that, I hope we’re blown away by a quality new incoming signing in the next couple of days so we actually have something worthwhile to chat about.

The irony of someone who posts any random shit they find on here moaning about Wolves twitter not being pertinent :ROFLMAO:

The irony of someone who posts any random shit they find on here moaning about Wolves twitter not being pertinent :ROFLMAO:
The difference being, I’m posting rumours on the internet on a fans discussion forum. I don’t run the clubs official account. But then you knew that anyway…

The whole thing just seems a bit… desperate? Same with Cutrone. It’s just another example of things looking like amateur hour.
Depends what your outlook is I guess. If everything is viewed in a negative light then yeah what a mess or if you look at stuff like that and don't give a crap about minor details such as pictures of a player, who has been in the Wolves news recently then it's nothing.

Anyway, can we sign someone so we can all get annoyed at how shit they are. Proper things to get annoyed about

12 months left on his contract and lose 13 mill in the process.
Only really lose the couple of million that he cost, which may have already been recouped in loan fees, the rest is just opportunity loss.

Amortise that £13m over a long contract for an incoming and that is a potential high value signing without FFP distress.

At the start of the window, if you collectively asked fans, the 17m we're set to receive for Mir and OO would be the bare minimum expected.

They've got market value, I don't think it's anything worthy of credit.

Simply - if we have an incoming on a four year contract, then FFP breakeven point (not including wages obvs) is £54.8m on a £13.7m outgoing minus the amortisation left on Mirs last year (about £500k I think).

That’s a serious fee.

Are you having a laugh? Mir has 12 months left! £13.7m is a brilliant price.
I've just seen Ramsdale go to Arsenal for 30million.

13.7 million for a player clearly very, very highly regarded in Spain, both in La Liga and Internationally is market value, i don't think it's impressive, it's par.

Back