• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Not really that big a loss, very similar in style to a certain Brazilian who played for us last year and we saw how that went, mind at least Mir would put a bit of effort in. Doubt he'd ever make an impact in the PL but more than capable of scoring a few in La Liga.

£13.7m for Mir according to young Liam.

Well Mir and the Otasowie deals see us back in the negative net spend.

For the “but FFP” types, that still allows us to spend £80m+ this year and still be comfortable within FFP due to amortisation.

Obviously we won’t, because they don’t want to, not becuase we can’t.

Do we think this whole thing of us making a big thing of him training on Twitter was us saying, look we'll just keep him if you don't meet our valuation, or am I reading too much into it?

Jeff's football economics for dummies book says that now he's sold a couple of players he's now allowed to buy one or two.

I'm getting a bit desperate now to be honest. It's like we're in the kebab shop at the end of the night having not managed to pull anyone, I'd take any old minger at this point.

It's like we're in the kebab shop at the end of the night having not managed to pull anyone, I'd take any old minger at this point.
Go ugly early, that's the secret...1op1lc.jpg
Well, that works for pulling, probably not best in a footballing sense 🤷‍♂️.

Do we think this whole thing of us making a big thing of him training on Twitter was us saying, look we'll just keep him if you don't meet our valuation, or am I reading too much into it?
Yeah, I don’t really understand why we made him return to training for a day - made a song & dance about it on the official social media pages - and then sold him. Same with Cutrone. Weird behaviour and just sounds like another occasion where the right hand isn’t talking to the left behind the scenes.

Anyway, he clearly didn’t fancy it here and it’s a reasonable fee.

Jeff needs to get a move on and help Bruno out now. Poor bloke wants two (strong) players in every position and we’re one defeat in to the new season already and he’s working with a weaker squad than the one we got promoted with. Poor bloke.

Why do they make a fuss of Mir and Cutrone returning and them bomb them out in the next breath? its so pointless.
Did we make a fuss? They returned, spoke with the manager and both told them they prefer to leave. Still got their heads down and trained and in Cutrone's case, played some minutes in pre-season and an admin guy posted some pics of them doing what they are paid to do.
Press asked questions about their future and from what I can see Bruno was straight with them - They have a chance if they want to be here but they didn't so they are no longer with us

Did we make a fuss? They returned, spoke with the manager and both told them they prefer to leave. Still got their heads down and trained and in Cutrone's case, played some minutes in pre-season and an admin guy posted some pics of them doing what they are paid to do.
Press asked questions about their future and from what I can see Bruno was straight with them - They have a chance if they want to be here but they didn't so they are no longer with us

Its just the way they do it, like oooooooooh look who's training...

Who cares if he's training it he's leaving anyway. Don't know why they feel the need to just post any old shit and try and put a positive spin on it like we should be excited or something.

Thats the just the lad who does the Social stuff hitting his targets for new content though isn't it. He had been spoken about in the press, fans were asking questions so up goes some pics of him training. At least it was a break from "remember when we signed this player...great times" posts he was having to do.

Well you'd have presumed Bruno would have known pretty much immediately that Cutrone and Mir weren't going to stay. He won't have much control in what the media team take photos of and stick on Twitter.

Thats the just the lad who does the Social stuff hitting his targets for new content though isn't it. He had been spoken about in the press, fans were asking questions so up goes some pics of him training. At least it was a break from "remember when we signed this player...great times" posts he was having to do.
Yeah it probably is, I'm sure the actual poster is just following orders.

It's just the overall tone of everything having to be great and there always having to some positive news story. It does my head in. It all just seems a bit patronising, like if there's no good news I can take it, you don't have to make shit up.

What do people expect us to say? Here come two players back we're looking to shift?

In the case of Mir why do they have to say anything? If someone asks then fair enough..
Its just someone posting pics as part of their job. Mir returned and trained so he was shown. He had been a topic thanks to the Press asking questions and fans the same, so an obvious thing to pop on.

What do people expect us to say? Here come two players back we're looking to shift?
I agree with WolfMan. Just say nothing then. He was literally back training for a day (why did we even bother? 😂). “Ooooooo looks who’s back!”, in the cold light of day, is so stupid.

I appreciate they’re just trying to get a few likes - but it just looks pretty daft when the blokes literally sold a day later.

I'd imagine is part of the "dance" when doing transfers, make it look conceivable to Seville that he could form part of our squad, especially when Lage also said he'd talk to Mir to understand what his future would hold.

Not doing that stuff gives Seville to say "we're dropping our offer because we know he has not future and you want to sell"

Back