• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Afobe is the worst for it. Trying to force a move after about four months, nice one.

Mout showed in the Euros he still has plenty to give.
All down to when he wants to go home I guess. If its now, we can't really stand in his way.
Yep always plays well for Portugal.

I think the issue was two fold, overuse and running him into the ground and style of play/tactical set up not helping certain players last season.

He may not be your stereotypical DM but his positioning, pressing and use of the ball can certainly fit into Bruno’s midfield. He like’s a tackle too. Don’t think he should be in our starting 2 in the middle but certainly got a role to play.

Last edited:
Odilon Koussounou joining Leveruksen for 30m euros. One we have tracked, but guess we don't want to go that high for that position. Bit worried we will be underwhelmed with whoever we sign in that position.

Odilon Koussounou joining Leveruksen for 30m euros. One we have tracked, but guess we don't want to go that high for that position. Bit worried we will be underwhelmed with whoever we sign in that position.
Can I just ask, did you just spell that name without copying it :)

Surely we can stop speculating about players who aren’t part of the Mendes carousel at this point? They’ll be the odd one, but we’re definitely relying on pretty much him and his contacts to do our transfer business for us and I’m sorry to say I don’t believe the club one bit when they say otherwise.

Appreciate things don’t work like clockwork and are heavily reliable on lots of factors, but very surprised we’ve not made a high profile addition in the centre of defence or midfield yet.

Surely we can stop speculating about players who aren’t part of the Mendes carousel at this point? They’ll be the odd one, but we’re definitely relying on pretty much him and his contacts to do our transfer business for us and I’m sorry to say I don’t believe the club one bit when they say otherwise.

Appreciate things don’t work like clockwork and are heavily reliable on lots of factors, but very surprised we’ve not made a high profile addition in the centre of defence or midfield yet.
Palhinho would be my guess together with Guedes. If we are really , really lucky Leao. Exits for some I am sure but who knows who. It feels a bit like 52 card pick up at the moment. We could end up with 8 in and 6 out!

The Moutinho of last season was massively overplayed when effectively doing 2 seasons on the bounce. Mismanaged by Nuno imo. It may be that his legs have gone, equally he may just have been knackered.

We can play the excuses game with quite a few players from last season, though, if we're so inclined.

The bottom line is, he wasn't great.

For the wages he's on, if he stays we need more than a cheerleader on the bench who can come on and spray a few sideways passes about? Be good if Bruno can get another productive season out of him

Sitting deep and spraying a few sideways passes will literally be what we expect of our CMs next season, so I’m fine for him to do that.

Sitting deep and spraying a few sideways passes will literally be what we expect of our CMs next season, so I’m fine for him to do that.
Would be interesting to hear why Lage thinks he can employ a system that pretty much no-one else thinks is sustainable at the top level and we don't have anything like the players to employ, but as he appears to be about as vocal as Howard Hughes, I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Not sure why there's such a clamour to hear pretty much the same platitudes we get from every new manager at every club, ever! And it's certainly not going to be an lecture on his tactical and recruitment plans. 'Not having a press conference yet' is pretty far down on the list of concerns I reckon

Clamour?! I think I've mentioned it twice. And it is odd, we appointed him on 9 June. Vieira and Benitez have both managed to speak to the press and they were appointed way later.

Would be interesting to hear why Lage thinks he can employ a system that pretty much no-one else thinks is sustainable at the top level and we don't have anything like the players to employ, but as he appears to be about as vocal as Howard Hughes, I suppose we'll have to wait and see.
What about this system does no one else play?

4 at the back with atacking FBs, Two sitting midfielders, inverted wingers. That’s the blueprint of a lot of teams.

The way the strikers are going to play is still unclear but the rest is pretty standard.

I mean, it was you who responded to my original comment. No one forced you to, and it's not my fault if you can't follow that opinion through?
There isn't anything to add to my opinion, I've said it's both feasible his legs have gone and that he was knackered - both are possibilities. What I'm not doing is indulging your Robert McCall righting of perceived forum wrongs

Back