• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Thought we might have made the most of the Chelsea situation with their young players. Lewis Bate going to Leeds for 1.5m is an absolute steal. Livramento going to Brighton (might suggest Lamptey is off) and Simeu joining Watford

Etheridge has been ill recently (covid related I think) but interesting to see what Blues have promised us as we doesn't do him much good if he just sits on the bench most of the season

Yes, Etheridge only got out of hospital a couple of days ago so difficult to see him starting the season, so assuming that makes him first choice then it's his spot to lose. Bowyer was in the same division as him last season so presumably likes what he saw

For what it's worth, my pal spoke to Mouthinho yesterday, (those who are on Wolves Facebook Groups may have seen the video of Semedo, welcoming Busters to the game Saturday as proof my pal was actually speaking to players).
He was absolutely dead sure he was not leaving. My pal said he was pretty convincing.

I think there's one of two who haven't forgiven Kites either...

Whilst none of the potential departures would surprise me, I think losing all of Neves, Moutinho, and Patricio in the same window - especially after having lost Nuno - would be a risk to squad morale and also connection with the fans.

Hope if he does stay he can find his form from his first couple of seasons with us. Then he'd be valuable for another year, for sure.

The Moutinho from last season was not great

Whilst none of the potential departures would surprise me, I think losing all of Neves, Moutinho, and Patricio in the same window - especially after having lost Nuno - would be a risk to squad morale and also connection with the fans.
it wold also kick the shit out of the spine of our team

Hope if he does stay he can find his form from his first couple of seasons with us. Then he'd be valuable for another year, for sure.

Just think he needs to be used more sparingly in the future

The Moutinho of last season was massively overplayed when effectively doing 2 seasons on the bounce. Mismanaged by Nuno imo. It may be that his legs have gone, equally he may just have been knackered.

Just think he needs to be used more sparingly in the future
Yeah, he should be the experienced head that can come on and help us through games or if we need to create. His load in the last couple of years has been ridiculous for his age really

Back