• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Yeah absolutely, we need a viable option for when his form dips, or god forbid he actually gets injured (remarkably, like Coady i don't think he has missed a game under Nuno through injury?)

I just don't think an oven ready replacement is as easy to find as is repeatedly suggested by the majority of Wolves fans because of the reasons stated above, and defensively he is decent - even when he was off his game like last night it was down our left rather than our right that the crosses were coming in from, and Doc was often there to head them away, it's extremely rare now that he is directly responsible for a goal we concede - the Burnley penalty being an exception.

yeah i agree with you, not easy to replace and keep the offensive threat also..he has really developed and saved us many times with his goals too

Dalot from United is a better player than Aarons and Cash and available at similar price

Not a fan of Dalot personally. He's got the Zubar trait of being fine getting up the pitch from RB, but doing nothing when he gets there.

Not as bad a defender as Zubey Zubes but by the same token still not very good in that respect. I doubt he'll ever make much of himself.

Azpi should be there too

Doc is ok at a push, its noticeable he loses the ball. Last night 4 or 5 times we had a decent overload, his pass was woeful, one time deep in to the game his pass to dendonkernwas pathetic

Big P. I think he would be perfect for us*

*MIGHT be mostly because he is the perfect RWB on Fifa :icon_lol:

Doc is ok at a push, its noticeable he loses the ball. Last night 4 or 5 times we had a decent overload, his pass was woeful, one time deep in to the game his pass to dendonkernwas pathetic

He lost the ball under zero pressure a frustrating number of times.

that final poor ball resulted in them attacking with numbers down our right side, which we managed to cope with, but 40 seconds later and Doc had not even got himself back in our own half !!!

Mate if we got those two for €60m it's not FFP we should be worried about, it's the police.

Not entirely sure what yesterday’s news means to our spending in this window, but not sure we’re about to follow up an FFP fine by dropping £60m on players a day later...

Well as yesterday wouldn't have come as a shock to the club as we have been in communication with UEFA for a while, then nowt. Probably some scrambling around last summer when we qualified for the Europa and suddenly had to take into account their FFP rules a lot earlier than expected and if you look back at the spending during that window, where we expected bigger things suddenly makes more sense.

Not entirely sure what yesterday’s news means to our spending in this window, but not sure we’re about to follow up an FFP fine by dropping £60m on players a day later...
Didn't stop City.

Back