• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Yeah it was in the newspaper in Spain it seems

Yep, good player but just can't stay healthy.

The Rashica link seems really random and (probably) made up. He's been linked heavily with Leipzig, still is even though they signed Hwang, and his agent was in Milan a few days ago. He's basically another wide forward so I can't see it, personally.

Anyone have any out there signings they'd like us to make (within reason - we're not getting Cristiano)? I really, really like the look of Ryan Gravenberch at Ajax - apologies for the music, obviously

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yakonc04ySM

The Pogba comparison is a bit lazy but you can see it - not just his build, gait etc but his general play as well.

Having said that, just signed a new contract so won't happen just yet. Plus Raiola is his agent, which usually means trouble.

-edit- I'd have a long look at Golovin from Monaco as well (this is a bit of a weird one as it seems to focus on his hair half as much as his play)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOWES4FwDWc

Wishlist:

Jesús Corona
Dominik Szoboszlai
Rúben Dias
João Palhinha

Reality:

João Palhinha
Paulinho

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

State of this from 442

Premier League transfers: The position EVERY club needs to strengthen in this summer

"Wolves: Winger
Nuno Espirito Santo’s European hopefuls have mined the Portugese leagues in recent years and fostered some very shrewd relationships with the movers and shakers in the Primeira Liga. They may need to get on the phone to their contacts out there for a new wide forward this summer if rumours linking Adama Traore away from the club are to be believed.

Even if Traore does stay, it would be shrewd to bring in a goalscoring wide player in order to lighten the load on Raul Jiminez and Diego Jota. The pair have scored two-thirds of Wolves league goals this season, with the next highest scorer defender Matt Doherty (6). At the very least, they’ll need a few new faces to help them cope with the demand of a second straight Europa League campaign. "

Yes we need goals from elsewhere but fooks sake, we don't need to strenghten out wide, even if Adama is sold. Presume the writer of this article spent less than a second researching us...oh and spell the players names correctly.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...-strengthen-liverpool-man-utd-chelsea-arsenal

Oh, and we can't possibly qualify for the Europa League, literally a 0% chance now.

I rather like being referred to as “the midlands giants”. That should piss the Villa support off in a most satisfying fashion.

Apparently Rennes (pretty smart club right now) are in for Tomori, who has fallen down the pecking order at Chelsea.

https://www.footballslices.com/compare/317507_97587

It's not a huge amount of minutes but I was quite surprised, pretty impressive. I'd back Nuno to improve him if we went for him.

I'd be concerned he can't get in that Chelsea team when their glaring weakness is at CB

Apparently he’s 6’1” - I thought he was smaller than that, he’s never impressed me arielly.

Last night rally highlighted for me how crucial recruitment is this summer. We had 12 subs - 10 with the two goalies. Of the ten we had Neto, Donk and Jota as serious first team players. Vinagre, who hasn't really kicked on this season, MGW and Kilman who need to go out on loan, Jordao with potential and virtually no first team time, and then three young lads there for experience.

If Jonny is out and with Pod suspended we're going into a Europa League QF with two potentially game changing subs and the rest there to make up the numbers.

I'm not saying anything we don't all know, but looking at the subs' list last night really brought it home to me

Last night rally highlighted for me how crucial recruitment is this summer. We had 12 subs - 10 with the two goalies. Of the ten we had Neto, Donk and Jota as serious first team players. Vinagre, who hasn't really kicked on this season, MGW and Kilman who need to go out on loan, Jordao with potential and virtually no first team time, and then three young lads there for experience.

If Jonny is out and with Pod suspended we're going into a Europa League QF with two potentially game changing subs and the rest there to make up the numbers.

I'm not saying anything we don't all know, but looking at the subs' list last night really brought it home to me

Agree with what you say, but I don't think you're ever going to see Nuno go sub crazy (we've had games where we've made none before, and we didn't even win) or beef up the squad to the point where there are loads of rotation options.

We can debate the wrongs and the rights of that approach, but he isn't going to change.

Agree with what you say, but I don't think you're ever going to see Nuno go sub crazy (we've had games where we've made none before, and we didn't even win) or beef up the squad to the point where there are loads of rotation options.

We can debate the wrongs and the rights of that approach, but he isn't going to change.

I'm only asking for three... CB, CM and Raul 2.0

Back