• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I think that’s more likely than us splashing out loads on a new left back. What’s the point in having Vinagre if we don’t use him? I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do as our first choice LWB but we will need someone else to cover and I doubt Giles is the answer. Maybe a loan would be the best idea to get us through until Jonny is back.

If we were looking for a cheaper, younger option it appears that Antonee Robinson is available for £1.5m from Wigan. Feel for Wigan, as he nearly joined AC Milan for £10m (I think) in January. Left back, appears to be close to joining Sheffield United though. Haven't seen him play but heard good things.

Yeah at that sort of money for a highly rated lad you can't lose tbf

Presume the Heart issue that was found during his Milan medical is sorted.

Ghoulam is a player that probably would've cost £30-40M a few seasons ago. If we're confident that his knee issues are behind him and can get him fairly cheaply then it would be a good signing. Even if the knee injury has affected him, to have a player like that as back up to Vinagre until Jonny recovers would be excellent.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

The problem is that Jonny's injury could be career ending.
An ACL that requires surgery is quite serious for a footballer and can go either way. Fingers crossed it goes alright for him.

I think I read that it's a tear rather than a snap. Serious but shouldn't be career threatening

ACL pretty routine these days, they’ll see the best surgeons and recovery to pre operative levels is almost guaranteed (particularly when you are paid to rehab and will have people forcing you to do it). Would be amazed if it’s a partial tear, they pretty much don’t happen (and normally end up with reconstruction anyway), and given they’ve said 6 months and requiring surgery It’s most likely a complete tear.

Been linked with Corona for €30 million.

That link has rumbling away for a couple of months now. A Bola seem to think we are about to move for him

If he doesn't have squad number 19, then what's the point in life

If he doesn't have squad number 19, then what's the point in life

Its a sad day when the great Del Woppio is using one of my old "jokes" rolled out when the link was first made. This year really has destroyed a lot of people. Thoughts and prayers with you Del...

Corona would be the best (realistic) signing we could make this summer. He'd be absolutely perfect for us.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

yeah, he would literally kill the other team..

Back