• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Marega is awful. As is Aboubakar. They'd fit Villa's "no skill" criteria that they apparently have for their forwards.

He is the epitome of the "pace and power" stereotype.

I've wanted Ze Luis for ages, but not sure why he only made 19 appearances vs Marega's 29 this season. Very, very different players, mind.
Zé is awful. Capable of the odd special goal but nowhere near good enough for us now. He's been behind Tiquinho Soares, who is an actual disgrace of a footballer, for a reason.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Fucking hell the one-stop-shop joke went down like a lead balloon.

According to Rob Dorsett us and Leicester along with AC and Juve are interested in McNeil from Burnley.

Why are we being linked to wide players when we are well stocked in that department?

Suppose he could play wing back.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Seems like tidy enough player but I want to be aiming higher than that.

Would certainly up our delivery from the left (for all Jonny's qualities, he isn't great at that in general). But we'd lose a lot defensively.

He could play the most attacking of a midfield 3 as well. Don't think it'll happen, the English tax would make him too expensive.

Lazy journalism, they all expect us to lose Traore so are linking us to people who can replace him when in reality it’s not a position we are looking at at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like him as a player but maybe not for us right now..very good and creative player who can develop further though

I rate McNeil personally and i think he could make up into a proper wing back. He's played there before although only for England at under 21's i think but it's something i'm sure he could do. He has to do a lot of defending anyway at Burnley and seems like quite an intelligent player who would take to whatever role he was given. Also fits in to the Nuno mould as he's versatile and can play right wing, left wing and in the hole.
Think the price might be a big stumbling block but i think we should be interested.

Be interesting to see how quickly we move now on signings, two or three quality additions would really reinvigorate the squad I think. Hopefully we can get players in before the start of pre-season (whenever that is!)

Again? Has he moved on from his "small squad" philosophy, then?
There's a difference between small squad and small squad who are all first 11 players, that's what Nuno wants and it's not the first time he's said it. We have Buur on the bench

We’re building year on year. I’m sure we’ll build further before the transfer window closes

Be interesting to see how quickly we move now on signings, two or three quality additions would really reinvigorate the squad I think. Hopefully we can get players in before the start of pre-season (whenever that is!)

Tbf there's no reason we couldn't have signed players already...teams are active. But I can understand if the focus was on the team's progress at the moment. If the typical bedding in process is going to happen though they'll need to get a shift on if they're not to lose half a season while Nuno trains them up.

Tbf there's no reason we couldn't have signed players already...teams are active. But I can understand if the focus was on the team's progress at the moment. If the typical bedding in process is going to happen though they'll need to get a shift on if they're not to lose half a season while Nuno trains them up.
I personally worry about recruitment in the who the hell is doing it front...but I will say we would probably have different targets in the CL to just being in the PL and it's only in the last hour that's become apparent

Back