• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I think we will want a right sided defender who can bring the ball out like Donck but makes less mistakes and more dominant. Would also allow Boly to move back to the left. If we get to the stage where Dendoncker and Saiss are back up options we are doing really well IMO

This for me, RCB has been the priority since promotion to the Prem.

I think we also need to look at signing the long term replacement for Moutinho, but someone with better ability to get forward. Its going back a while now, but a better version of N'Diaye would be great.

As I have just put in the review thread, I really like Josh Dasilva. Ten goals from midfield last season, plus four assists. Very comfortable receiving the ball, can dribble and gets forward well. Think if we went or him now we'd get him cheaper than in a years time too.

Just to go back to this, I think he said it in January too didn't he? I was saying to my mates last night, it's about the only things he's ever said that's somewhat open and off his usual robotic style. He wasn't really prompted last night, felt like he danced round saying it a bit then just went for it

He wants a small squad but all to be first XI quality. Same as every other manager I guess!

DM journalist reckons we've made an extra £10m from Costa and Cav both getting promoted

Swiss Ramble also guestimated we made about £141m from TV money this year - it is an estimate though as he hasn't changed the TV games from last season, so it could be more or less - not sure how the post lockdown with basically every game being shown would've skewed it.

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1293447276564819968

Decent cover for Raul, and Moutinho, and cover for both wing backs, is where I see us going. Maybe if the right deal comes along, another central defender, but above all we are now in need of serious quality in terms of additions, rather than quantity.

DM journalist reckons we've made an extra £10m from Costa and Cav both getting promoted

Swiss Ramble also guestimated we made about £141m from TV money this year - it is an estimate though as he hasn't changed the TV games from last season, so it could be more or less - not sure how the post lockdown with basically every game being shown would've skewed it.

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1293447276564819968

Incredible business if so, £40m for the pair would be unbelievable.

Sounds about right for the Helda deal. Leeds were trying to get a lot over the line with loan deals and a guaranteed amount a year later with extra should they go up. If you watched Leeds on Sky during the season, then you will know they love the fact that keeping the manager involved them signing Helda Costa, as he demanded his signing. So an extra few mill on top woud be no surprise.

Vertonghen on his way to Benfica.

Could mean either Dias or Ferro are moving on.

Benfica also signing Cavani aren't they? They will need to free up some money for the wages of those two I reckon for sure! I think I saw us linked with Vinicius again

Vertonghen is going to want big wages if he's a free signing. Though I guess with no transfer fee amortisation over several years then it probably balances out for Benfica.

They've also just spent £20M on Julian Weigl and are buying Everton Cebolinha from Grêmio and Luca Waldschmidt from Freiburg.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Vertonghen on his way to Benfica.

Could mean either Dias or Ferro are moving on.
Ferro has had a shocking season btw. Wouldn't touch him right now.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Yeah Benfica fans not happy with Ferro's performances at all think he got dropped as well and didn't start a lot of their games in the second half of the season.

That makes me think we could get him for less than his actual value then? He’s still considered as someone with potential, or was until more recently?

I just remembered that Benfica fan coming on here and raving that Ferro was going to be better than Dias.

How long before we are linked with Thomas Lemar.

I'm going to put a ban on any "it's 50/50" or "if there's any justice in the world" jokes so don't even think about it

I'm going to put a ban on any "it's 50/50" or "if there's any justice in the world" jokes so don't even think about it
It's a Neverending Story.

... I know [emoji85]

Atleti Fan on Twitter - "We should send Lemar and Diego Costa to wolves on a trade for Adama Traore."

Atleti Fan on Twitter - "We should send Lemar and Diego Costa to wolves on a trade for Adama Traore."

Traore gonna be hot stuff indeed, along with Raul..and maybe Boly

Back