• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

No way we'll be interested in Lemar. He cost them £70m and hasn't had a single goal or assist this season.

I'd love Gaya from Valencia at LWB but they unsurprisingly want to keep him. Plus he's a bit out of our price range with an £86m release clause.

Havent seen Paulinho play much but likes his goalrecord already...

I'd certainly prefer Guedes to Paulinho. and 23 vs 27, I think

If people get annoyed by Jota making the wrong decisions at key times, wait until you watch Guedes...

As many goals in his entire senior club career as Diogo got this season alone for the record.

Only saw Guedes in WC. Was fucking awful.

Didn’t understand why people were clamouring to sign him. I assume like usual was purely because he was good on FIFA or FM.

This dude is usually on it but makes sure he covers all bases here though

Alex Goncalves
@Aljeeves
Wolves will be looking at a range of striker targets, of course. Paulinho's one of them, Carlos Vinicius another, and then there'll be several other non-Portuguese based strikers too, I'm sure. Paulinho's certainly seems to be the one they're pursuing the most though.

If people get annoyed by Jota making the wrong decisions at key times, wait until you watch Guedes...

As many goals in his entire senior club career as Diogo got this season alone for the record.

According to transfermarkt, Diogo scored 16 this season, and Guedes has scored 38 in his senior career?

According to transfermarkt, Diogo scored 16 this season, and Guedes has scored 38 in his senior career?

I'm reading the wrong column (it's been a long week)...

Ok, has as many in three seasons at Valencia and a season at PSG as Diogo managed this season :)

I'd knock off those 11 goals for Benfica B too but that's because I'm a harsh man at times.

Ha, easily done!

The comparison was with Paulinho - his record isn’t that amazing apart from this season, with 95 career goals, of which 37 were in the Liga pro which you’d discount.

My worry is that he’s outperformed this season, and would revert to the mean, especially in a harder league. Guedes is definately inconsistent, but is a young player with a high bar - and one that we may be able to pick up for relatively cheap given Valencia’s situation - he cost them €40m, if we could get him for the same price as Paulinho, I’d prefer Guedes.

I remember a lot of people being against us signing Vinicius when he was linked before - his goal record doesn't look too bad on the face of it.. is he not very good?

For a 25 year old Vinicius hasn't done anything like enough to justify the fees being talked about. If he were a third of the quoted price then maybe.

There’s no way Paulinho is coming in for figures chucked around. £15m maybe £20m if we really want him.

His record seems solid and you can you can only go off the level he was playing at and moving up to a higher level it has continued. Raul didn’t have a great record and look how that has worked out.

From the YouTube video it shows that he can use both feet, head the ball and hold it up. So it shows he actually has some ability which we could work with and would fit the mould of what we require from a striker.

He might be terrible in which case it’s just paper talk and we won’t sign him. The club will have watched him more than me and I’ll go with them. Certainly looks to have more about him than Cutrone for the same sort of fee.

So long England's Number 1

EfZaJLRWoAIvZdW

Back