• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Its a sad day when the great Del Woppio is using one of my old "jokes" rolled out when the link was first made. This year really has destroyed a lot of people. Thoughts and prayers with you Del...

Quite the fall from grace, that

Its a sad day when the great Del Woppio is using one of my old "jokes" rolled out when the link was first made. This year really has destroyed a lot of people. Thoughts and prayers with you Del...

Drops mic

Apparently Porto need to bring in around £100m from player sales to avoid some hefty sanctions from UEFA. So, who can Corona bring with him?

Apparently Porto need to bring in around £100m from player sales to avoid some hefty sanctions from UEFA. So, who can Corona bring with him?
Flu is highly rated and unlike the usual trope about the Spanish does a lot better in the Winter than Autumn or Spring

#inbeforeDel

Telles, Marcano and Marega. Window done.

That link has rumbling away for a couple of months now. A Bola seem to think we are about to move for him

I read that as ‘Ebola seem to think’. Missed a trick there

Otavio and Telles for me. Don't think anyone else is good enough for what we need, they are too old or just not the type of player we would be after.

Telles, Marcano and Marega. Window done.
Do not want Marcano or Marega.

Telles looks like he'll go to PSG unfortunately as he would be perfect.

Corona is a no brainer and we should be doing everything to get that one over the line.

Marcano/Pepe/Mbemba/Manafá... No thanks.

Diogo Leite & Diogo Queirós are highly rated young centre backs but neither have played much first team football.

Danilo Pereira is a top player, has been linked with Arsenal. Sergio Oliveira is Porto through and through so doubt he'd move. The rest of the centre mids (Loum/Uribe) are donkeys.

Luis Díaz, Otávio & Romário Baró are good attacking midfielder/wingers but would only make sense if we were selling one of ours.

Fábio Silva is their biggest talent. Potential goal machine but only 18. Wouldn't touch any of their other strikers with a barge pole.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Fabio silva sounds like the kind of player we should be signing - sub for Raul or play with him when we play two up top for a year or two and then replace him when ready

He's got a €125M release clause so might be a bit beyond us even with Porto's financial difficulties.

He's got a €125M release clause so might be a bit beyond us even with Porto's financial difficulties.

It’s pretty rare people actually go for their release clause.

Especially when their club needs to raise €100m

It’s pretty rare people actually go for their release clause.

Especially when their club needs to raise €100m
Well yes but they're there for the purpose of raising the price.

They've got other saleable assets. Say they sell Telles to PSG and Corona to Wolves (please?). That's €60M+ easy. Diogo Leite has been linked with €20M moves away as well and Zé Luís has been linked with every Mendes club going since January.

There’s no guarantee he’d choose us anyway - but as a first club away from Portugal, you’d think we’d be pretty ideal, surrounded by Portuguese internationals.

I can but hope :)

Marega is a donkey. No thanks.

He's good at what he does. Stands on the shoulder of the last man, times his run well, uses his pace/power to go 1v1 and then score slightly more than he shanks. Ask him to do anything else and he's lost.

He is the epitome of the "pace and power" stereotype.

I've wanted Ze Luis for ages, but not sure why he only made 19 appearances vs Marega's 29 this season. Very, very different players, mind.

Back