• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

That would be a good signing, fits our profile well and builds market in North America too. Looked good on the one time I saw him play too.

Quite highly rated from what I've heard of him this year. Haven't seen him play so can't say but he's supposed to be a proper prospect.

Sounds like a company that builts top spec 5 bedroom houses

There's been a Mexican CH rumour floating around today as well. He's 23 and plays for Monterrey, I think, but buggered if I can remember his name. Might be Cesar Montes

Oh, and Raul is defo off to Man United because Guru Rumours says so. He played for them in a practice match today and the fee is £38m. So that's that.

Yeah, Cesar Montes. FM legend.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Quite highly rated from what I've heard of him this year. Haven't seen him play so can't say but he's supposed to be a proper prospect.

He is, got a good engine and an eye for a pass. Everything you want from a box-to-box midfielder when he's switched on. Problem is getting him to stay switched on. Goes walkabout too often. Lets his head drop when things aren't going well.

Needs a proper kick in the ass if he's going to live up to his potential.

He is, got a good engine and an eye for a pass. Everything you want from a box-to-box midfielder when he's switched on. Problem is getting him to stay switched on. Goes walkabout too often. Lets his head drop when things aren't going well.

Needs a proper kick in the ass if he's going to live up to his potential.

Or a Nuno to show him what to do?

Does anyone remember the days when we signed players like steve claridge, Wayne Clark, etel

woulda been a no brainer for 40m, but obviously hard to compete with an offer from MC

edit -- ah geez apparently had another page to go, talking about ake

Does anyone remember the days when we signed players like steve claridge, Wayne Clark, etel

Clarke came through the ranks though we did bring him in on loan from Everton years later, sadly came on as a sub and got injured so we never saw him again. Was a decent striker for us in the early 80s in a sea of mediocrity, sold to Blues to pay the milk bill

IIRC we were shafted by Blues after they sold Clarke onto Everton. I'm not sure if it was a player swap or another included in the deal but we lost out on a sell on clause.

Edit...
Isn't Stuart Storer the Brum reserve player that Everton signed along with Wayne Clarke and diddled us out of our sell on clause as the official figure said Clarke went for next to nothing and he went for 6 figures?

As I remember it was allegedly done in revenge for us not paying for Joe Gallagher due to going into administration in 1982.

Stuart Storer.

Got signed for a joint fee with Wayne Clarke. Clarkes previous club Wolves had a sell on clause for any profit Birmingham made on his sale. Storer had been offered to clubs for free, but then got bundled in the Clarke deal to lower the price we paid for Clarke. Wolves were apparently not happy, especially as they were one of the clubs who Birmingham offered Storer for free to previously.

Storer never played for Everton and went off to Bolton within 12 months.

I reckon Raul is off, regardless of whether we win the europa league. We'll need two strikers coming in, but only get one, who will probably be not quite as good.

Made me laugh, on a thread from last night saying Raul is off to Juve for 80m:

"Raul Jimenez is on a world tour apparently. Manchester to Turin in a single day. Wait and find out where he turns up next!"

I reckon Raul is off, regardless of whether we win the europa league. We'll need two strikers coming in, but only get one, who will probably be not quite as good.

Yeah. I suspect he will be off.

That said, if he goes to a club like Man Utd or Juve or wherever, I just don't see him being first choice. Perhaps after we've ran him in to the ground for two years solid he'll be pleased/thankful for a bit of rotation!

Either way, unless he is pushing for a move behind the scenes, we won't be selling him until a couple of replacements come in.

Raul, Firmino, Sterling and Mane are the only PL based forwards to have played over 4000 minutes in all competitions this season, and Raul's ahead of those three by about 500 minutes each. He's been absolutely flogged to death. I'd imagine he'll be quite happy to have to play a lot fewer minutes but still have plenty of time on the pitch, but actually have some time to rest and recover. It's genuinely staggering how much football he's had to play

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mei...land_id/0/saison_id/2019/altersklasse//plus/1

Back