• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Other clubs/his agent/his dad/his Mexico manager are definitely trying to get him out. To be seen whether he wants to or whether anyone will pay what we'd want though.£72m is the fee being widely banded which I guess equates to €80m. In the face of it doubling your money in 12 months on a 29 year old is great financially, not sure we'd cover what he gives us on the pitch irrespective of the value though. There's a price I'd let Traore go for, there isn't Raul unless he goes headsgone

It's ok, Man Utd are signing Raul's evil shit at football twin Paul (I presume it was Paul that played v Chelsea)

EeMy66SWAAEVPhg

There's a price I'd let Traore go for, there isn't Raul unless he goes headsgone

Key part in all this. If Raul says he wants to go then we are left with no option really. Nuno won't keep an unhappy player in the squad so it will all come down to the fee we can get then. All the talk of £80m+ is fine whilst Raul is making no noises about leaving, blown out of the water if he does

He isn't going to leave, no-one will pay that money.

I said it before. I can’t see how anyone leaves. The rest aren’t good enough for the top clubs and the only way Raúl leaves is if he chucks his toys out the pram. Which I cannot see given how he appears and the fact that he’s finally been the main man which he hasn’t had the rest of his career. Grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

Neto for me. I couldn't be angry if she ran off with a Wolves player though.

It doesn't seem that he is keen to move, but if someone offers us £70-80m for a 29 year old we should take it.

I seriously doubt he'll leave. He has 3 years on his contract, he's absolutely huge for us both on and off the pitch, he's settled, playing the best football of his life, nobody is going to pay what we'd ask for him...

There are just so many reasons why Raúl leaving is unlikely.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

He isn't going to leave, no-one will pay that money.

I’m with this one.

Utd won’t spend £80m plus on a striker when they’ve got Rashford, Martial and Greenwood.

Not when they need a LB, CH and Jadon Sancho.

Juventus have got more than enough up top too.

And he’s not good enough for City, Barca and Madrid.

So, that’s that.

It doesn't seem that he is keen to move, but if someone offers us £70-80m for a 29 year old we should take it.

Why? £70m in the bank and finish 8th or keep Raúl and have a good chance of top 6?

He is pivotal for us but £70-80m for him, I would take that if we could get 1 or 2 exciting forwards in for that..

unless he suddenly does a Fletcher, no reason to sell him. He is more important to us next season than Adama assuming we bring a couple of new faces in.

Other clubs/his agent/his dad/his Mexico manager are definitely trying to get him out. To be seen whether he wants to or whether anyone will pay what we'd want though.£72m is the fee being widely banded which I guess equates to €80m. In the face of it doubling your money in 12 months on a 29 year old is great financially, not sure we'd cover what he gives us on the pitch irrespective of the value though. There's a price I'd let Traore go for, there isn't Raul unless he goes headsgone

This pretty much how I feel, plus even if we get 70 milion (unlikely imo) it would cost most of that, maybe more to replace him

We've got to see where we are in terms of Europe. Hopefully Europa as a minimum on Saturday but we could find ourselves cash rich and unable to attract the right one. Likewise with how Nuno holds new signings we'd be needing somebody who can hit the ground running. I actually think part of Raul's success is the continuity, if he went back to a squad player I think he'd see similar returns to Benfica.

From a business & investment point of view he will about to start a fairly rapid decline in value. If someone offers you £80m for an asset likely to be worth £10m in 2 years you take it.

From a business & investment point of view he will about to start a fairly rapid decline in value. If someone offers you £80m for an asset likely to be worth £10m in 2 years you take it.

yes, I totally love Raul and dont want him to move away but if an offer that big comes in..although he feels totally settled here with our good pack athmosphere and such..thats a positive about us even if we may lose out on europe..

1) he’s not going to be worth £10m in 2 years. Unless a) he gets a serious injury b) he loses all ability.

2) money in the bank is great, but you still need to sign some one (or two), which is fraught with risk. You could spend £40m on someone and they might not be any good. Rauls don’t grow on trees. Or they could be ok but we end up regressing as a club which isn’t offset by having cash in the bank. Then you lose more of your good players and your in the same lottery of replacing them whilst also appearing “a selling club” like southampton rather than a team actively trying to kick on.

3) football isn’t like normal businesses.

1) he’s not going to be worth £10m in 2 years. Unless a) he gets a serious injury b) he loses all ability.

2) money in the bank is great, but you still need to sign some one (or two), which is fraught with risk. You could spend £40m on someone and they might not be any good. Rauls don’t grow on trees. Or they could be ok but we end up regressing as a club which isn’t offset by having cash in the bank. Then you lose more of your good players and your in the same lottery of replacing them whilst also appearing “a selling club” like southampton rather than a team actively trying to kick on.

3) football isn’t like normal businesses.

1) Ok, max £15m
2) not disagreeing
3) bu Fosun have said many times it is for them

1) Ok, max £15m
2) not disagreeing
3) bu Fosun have said many times it is for them

The figure is largely irrelevant, but Chelsea paid £15m for a 31 year old Giroud,who Arsenal were actively trying to get rid of, 2.5 years ago (massive market inflation since), a player who doesn’t score as many goals or offer the same marketing opportunities.

Fosun are an investment company, but my point is exactly that selling him is not good financial business. If you could guarantee selling Raul for £80m and signing an exact copy for £40m then great, but it rarely works like that.

What’s better, £80m in the bank and half of it spent on Patrick Cutrone x2. Or Raul for 2-4 seasons. It’s a no brainer.

Back