• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Forest may need to sell Matty Cash to fund a squad rebuild. Would be decent for us at RWB, very attack minded.

Ideal age I'd say too, giving Matheson time to develop and grow in the meantime.

On Matheson...I see he is training with us now. Obviously with the U23's as the 1st team are off until today I think.

UEFA mentioned that clubs can register extra players for the resumption of CL/Europa games but not new signings. Now double hit on Matheson here - He is a kid, so he can be involved without worrying the squad numbers and he signed in January so he was our player so he can be part of the Europa games if needed (unless UEFA change their mind)

Presumably we can put Connor Ronan on the bench too if we want.

On Matheson...I see he is training with us now. Obviously with the U23's as the 1st team are off until today I think.

UEFA mentioned that clubs can register extra players for the resumption of CL/Europa games but not new signings. Now double hit on Matheson here - He is a kid, so he can be involved without worrying the squad numbers and he signed in January so he was our player so he can be part of the Europa games if needed (unless UEFA change their mind)

That's great, will be good experience for him to be involved, even if he doesn't get any minutes.

Will have to find their ruling. Last I saw it was something along lines of 3 key players and players from the U23's but not idea if there was a cut off date for the involvement (as in if they were out on line they couldn't be involved)

Connor is still only 22 so he should be allowed.

Could be handy for dead balls late on in a game, his delivery is excellent.

I don't see Ronan getting anywhere near the team personally.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

As much as I think Jordao has a lot of potential, I think Ronan would have more impact off the bench in a one off cup game.

Kind of like how Southampton should use Ward-Prowse being as he isn't actually a very good footballer.

Think both Matheson and Ronan will be well behind everyone in terms of fitness/conditioning so I don't see anyone like that being included

Can't see nothing on the Unders in the rule changes just the A List players

Yes, teams can register a maximum of three new ‘List A’ players. But there are a couple of caveats:

Teams can register a maximum of three new ‘List A’ players. But there are a couple of caveats:
Each squad is still limited to 25 List A players (players can be removed to make room);
Players must have been already registered and eligible to play for the club at domestic level since 3 February.

We can also name 23 players in the match day squad. Nuno will have to put himself on the subs list as 4th choice keeper

Can't see nothing on the Unders in the rule changes just the A List players

Yes, teams can register a maximum of three new ‘List A’ players. But there are a couple of caveats:

Teams can register a maximum of three new ‘List A’ players. But there are a couple of caveats:
Each squad is still limited to 25 List A players (players can be removed to make room);
Players must have been already registered and eligible to play for the club at domestic level since 3 February.

We can also name 23 players in the match day squad. Nuno will have to put himself on the subs list as 4th choice keeper
Rules out Matheson and Ronan then

Am guessing Marques, Otasowie and Campana will stay as part of the group then

Dadashov could get on the bench then I guess?

And Shabani if he's fit.

So does Matheson immediately jump ahead of Buur for that position or does he have to wait?

Forest may need to sell Matty Cash to fund a squad rebuild. Would be decent for us at RWB, very attack minded.

Is he any good? I remember him being ok but not outstanding as a central midfielder, but I’ve not seen much of him as a right back?

He's been a real standout since he moved to RB (albeit you do have to cover him a lot in a four as he constantly bombs forward - wouldn't bother us much).

Milan were looking at him in January.

He's been a real standout since he moved to RB (albeit you do have to cover him a lot in a four as he constantly bombs forward - wouldn't bother us much).

Milan were looking at him in January.

Any good in the air?

I see he's actually an inch taller than Doc!

Back