• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

That's next season pretty much.

If MGW goes to Swansea we're effectively back where we started in terms of genuine first teamers. It'll be an interesting few weeks
We're +1. Level if you take away Jonny. MGW hasn't been a genuine first teamer since before Xmas

As for Maitland-Niles can't say I'm disappointed. His versatility could be a real bonus and he's not a bad footballer, I think he'll be a really good asset to the squad.

I am not a fan of the Gibbs-White barely featured so doesn't need replacement or shouldn't be considered etc, he was at least good enough that if an injury occurred you could put him out there without it being a serious issue, unless there is another academy product ready to fill the void there I would consider his leaving something that needs a replacement personally.

Well if either of Moutinho or Neves got injured then we'd play Donk or Saiss there. Now AMN is arriving he'd probably end up being 6th choice. Him going on loan makes zero difference to our first team whatsoever.

Jordao was ahead of MGW by the end of the season. He's fully fledged first team squad now, doubt we'll ever see him involved with the 23s again.

I am not a fan of the Gibbs-White barely featured so doesn't need replacement or shouldn't be considered etc, he was at least good enough that if an injury occurred you could put him out there without it being a serious issue, unless there is another academy product ready to fill the void there I would consider his leaving something that needs a replacement personally.
Was he? In Nuno's mind?

Arsenal fans are fucking pissed we are getting Maitland-Niles and Bellerin is staying. Is there an attitude issue there beyond his abominable fashion sense or are they simply peeved at losing an academy product?

I’m not sure Jordao was ahead of MGW. I felt like Nuno just wanted to give him premier league minutes as he was the only one of the first team squad not to have any (like Kilman and Norris the previous year).

He’s a tidy player though, I’d like to see more of him. Runs ahead of the ball and seems positive with it from what I’ve seen when he played for the U23s

Arsenal fans are fucking pissed we are getting Maitland-Niles and Bellerin is staying. Is there an attitude issue there beyond his abominable fashion sense or are they simply peeved at losing an academy product?

He's not quite the same player since his injury. Doesn't have the pace that he once had and it turns out that he relied on it a lot to get out of trouble.

He's still good though, if you were offering me either player for the same price then I'd take Bellerin (notwithstanding our current situation, where we'll get more short term use out of AMN playing on the other side).

It’s an interesting thought . I would normally agree and then I go on two different Arsenal sites and the rhetoric is the same. I didn’t think Bellerin was particularly posting it in after his injury. Maybe they worry about losing the versatility of AMN?

I don't think we'll be moving forward if we replace mgw's spot in the match day squad with one of the u23s.

Back