• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

He wants to be a winger. So wing back suits him better than permanently right back. I'm with DW though, not my choice (but fine value for £20m, we'd get most of that back if a failure). I'd still be going for Frimpong at Celtic for this position. Guess Nuno may also be looking at the LWB cover for most the season too though.

He wants to be a winger. So wing back suits him better than permanently right back. I'm with DW though, not my choice (but fine value for £20m, we'd get most of that back if a failure). I'd still be going for Frimpong at Celtic for this position. Guess Nuno may also be looking at the LWB cover for most the season too though.
He wants to be a ACM

Then you'd be looking at a very very small list of RWB's and at a price of £40m plus and unrealistic to sign someone that good.

This would be competition who's very younger and therefore also has the potential to be an upgrade, whilst also being very versatile. Would be a great signing!
It's not that small of a list. There are a number of RWBs who would be an improvement on Doherty and a large number of them would be affordable.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

It's not that small of a list. There are a number of RWBs who would be an improvement on Doherty and a large number of them would be affordable.

Think you're likely under-valuing Doherty in that case then because I can't think of many RWB's (RB's possibly more but we play wing backs) that are better than Doherty.

I made the mistake of dipping a toe into Wolves twitter to see what people were making of the AMN transfer, and a surprising number of Spurs fans are cropping up with a rumour that they're signing Doherty - "definite upgrade on Aurier" said one.

Interested in casting an eye over this list...

I made the mistake of dipping a toe into Wolves twitter to see what people were making of the AMN transfer, and a surprising number of Spurs fans are cropping up with a rumour that they're signing Doherty - "definite upgrade on Aurier" said one.
How much out of interest?

Think you're likely under-valuing Doherty in that case then because I can't think of many RWB's (RB's possibly more but we play wing backs) that are better than Doherty.
In the world? You genuinely can't think of many players that can play that position better than Matt Doherty?

Even though Aurier regularly displays Zubar-levels of on field stupidity and O'Hara-levels of off field stupidity, he is absolutely still a better RB than Matt Doherty. If any club signs him and plays him in a back four then they're going to have quite the shock.

There's been rumours about Doc to spurs for a while - I remember same last close season too.

I can't see them paying anything close to what we'd see as his worth and neither is he a Mourinho full back.

I do think the team you support thing is a red herring. Double someone's salary and that's soon all forgotten

In the world? You genuinely can't think of many players that can play that position better than Matt Doherty?

There aren't that many sides in the world who operate with wing backs in the same way we do, so i don't think it is that easy to identify a realistic upgrade for Doherty or Jonny, else i think you'd have probably rattled off a few examples by now.

There aren't that many sides in the world who operate with wing backs in the same way we do, so i don't think it is that easy to identify a realistic upgrade for Doherty or Jonny, else i think you'd have probably rattled off a few examples by now.
There are hundreds of sides who play with wing backs or attacking full backs. It's not uncommon at all.

There are hundreds of sides who play with wing backs or attacking full backs. It's not uncommon at all.

And yet you still don't name any.

There aren't many sides that play 343 or use their wing backs like we do.

Hardly a serious point but FWIW last year on Fifa career mode (!) I signed AMN (there actually weren't that many upgrades on Doherty at RWB to be found) and he was pretty sweet.

Not sure my other signings of Talisca, Dias and Mbappe are likely to come off in real life

And yet you still don't name any.

There aren't many sides that play 343 or use their wing backs like we do.
Corona, Hakimi, Henrichs, Pereira, Semedo, Bellerin, Wass, Mallo, Gaspar, Fernandes, Hateboer, Merino, Zappacosta...

That's just RWB/RB and not wingers or LB/LWB who could convert. Didn't take me long.

If you genuinely think Matt Doherty is one of the best in the world in his position then you're just deluded.

Back