• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Talk online of Newcastle trying to hijack the Maitland-Niles deal, since when did they get money thought their takeover fell through?

I wondered when the first report of someone trying to "scupper the deal" would come in. Happens with literally every transfer :icon_lol:

Talk online of Newcastle trying to hijack the Maitland-Niles deal, since when did they get money thought their takeover fell through?
Ashley has always spent money, it's just not consistent when. They've broken their transfer record twice in the last 18 months

It’s just bollocks on the internet. It’s a transfer involving an Arsenal player so if Ornstein calls it then it is pretty much 100% legit. He says AMN is heading to us.

Unless you're a Newcastle fan then there's no chance you're picking them over Wolves at the moment anyway.

Won't pay as much, no chance of achieving anything, terrible atmosphere around the club, 90s training ground, absolutely shite manager.

Ashley has always spent money, it's just not consistent when. They've broken their transfer record twice in the last 18 months

Yeah that's true I just thought while still trying to get a takeover to happen they wouldn't be spending. Not really followed the story that much to be honest, is the takeover completely dead in the water then?

Yeah that's true I just thought while still trying to get a takeover to happen they wouldn't be spending. Not really followed the story that much to be honest, is the takeover completely dead in the water then?
The Saudi one is, principally because they show unlicensed PL games. There is some American interest, but someone has been "interested" for about the last 4 years. Basically from what I can see his business plan is to finish 4th from bottom so he spends when he thinks that's in danger, although obviously he's misjudged it twice.

Can someone explain (genuine question) how Chelsea can be spending up to £200 million and not running foul of the FFP rules ?

Can someone explain (genuine question) how Chelsea can be spending up to £200 million and not running foul of the FFP rules ?

Transfer ban last summer despite the Hazard money probably has something to do with it.

Italian press linking us to Ghoulam again today saying that negotiations have started

FFP is also relaxed for this season.

They've sold Hazard, Morata, Pasalic, Luiz, Aina, Hector, Kalas and Omeruo for the best part of £200m since last summer and Bakayoko is also off for another £20m or so.

When the Havertz and Chilwell deals go through they'll have a net spend of £30/£40m over the past 12 months.

I see a lot of people crying FFP about Chelsea and not realising that.

Plus they had a year of no spending which will help too.

New three year deal for MGW and loan to Swansea confirmed.

It's only really a year's extension on what he already had, just puts us in a situation where if he excels down there, we aren't suddenly looking at him having 12 months left and other clubs starting to circle.

Big season for him.

He’ll never have a better opportunity than this. I hope he grabs it with both hands.

The move seems perfect for him in terms of game time + style of football. He needs to do well.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

He’ll never have a better opportunity than this. I hope he grabs it with both hands.

Absolutely this. He has the potential to be one of the top players in the Champ. Really needs to put his GF down and focus for 12 months though. In the hope that he does I've backed Swansea to be in the top 6

Back