• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Hopefully this is the chance Morgan needs to have a sustained run of games, under a coach who knows his qualities, and is an important member of a decent Championship team. Pleased we have extended his contract too

A journalist on Twitter who works for football.london called Alasdair Gold is claiming Spurs are trying to sign Doherty.

"Ticks all of the boxes"

"Ticks a lot of boxes"

"Ticks all the required boxes"

Good stuff there.

Question, since when could he play on the right of midfield? Because I think Mick tried it once for Ireland, against Gibraltar, he looked out his depth even against them and Mick said he would never do it again.

Also he cannot play at left back, no.

£12m? Daft bugger could have the figures the other way round and we still wouldn't be selling him

Spurs maybe after Demarai Gray, a bit like a Sterling/Redmond type of player..great potential

Gray wouldn't even make our bench

12m for Doherty :icon_lol:

Who is Gray better than here? Jota, Neto, Podence and Traore are all better.

He wouldn't, we would not have five wide players in an 18 man squad, he isn't as good as the four we do have. He's crap. Been at Leicester for getting on for five years and done nothing, they'll still be banging on about his "potential" when he's 30.

Not so long ago that we would have driven him to Walsall/Swindon/take your pick club at no cost but not now

He's not perfect, but better than £12m given what very average players go for in the PL

£12m. :ursofunny:

He's as far from a Jose type defender as you could get, although I would not be surprised if we'd be tempted if they came in at £20m or so.

If you wanted to play 4D chess with it then you could think of selling him to Spurs (who should be a direct competitor of ours next season) on the basis that if they actually did use him at RB in a back four, they'd be immensely weakened in a key area. Even with Aurier as the incumbent.

However, I don't believe it's real and I don't think we'd entertain the thought unless it was genuinely silly money.

Maitland-Niles playing in a friendly for Arsenal tonight.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Sell Doc for > £20m and get Max Aarons in.

That would do me

Levy won't pay that kind of money though

Maitland-Niles playing in a friendly for Arsenal tonight.

Doesn't necessarily mean much, plenty of our players have played in pre-season and left within days. Kev McDonald did for instance, even though we all knew he was off.

He starts too. Don't think they would risk an asset about to leave for 20m + in a friendly game if talks were as advanced as was being suggested yesterday.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

He's as far from a Jose type defender as you could get

This, in spades. If Jose got sick of Luke Shaw I can't imagine Doc would fare a lot better. Although I guess the press conferences might be amusing.

Back