• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Joe Edwards
@JoeEdwards_Star

Told reports in Turkey linking Wolves with a move for Loris Karius next season are wide of the mark, by the way

Presume Timmy has told him

Bit like the one on BBC gossip linking Spurs with a £96.9m (very specific that) double deal for Issa Diop and Raul Jimenez. Hmmmm - like that will happen.

Yes Issa Diop is well worth more than £900k :)

Why don't they just say "made up" instead of wide of the mark?

Yes Issa Diop is well worth more than £900k :)

Precisely.

Not that Spurs have that to spend this side of selling Kane anyway. Bar that it is a good strong rumour with a lot of believability.

Jimenez wouldn't cost anywhere near 90m I wouldn't have thought. I think 50 and you'd have to look at it. It wouldn't be prudent to spend that on him for any clubs looking for the Champions League anyway, not because he's not good enough but because surely those teams should be putting abit of thought into a long term solution for that price not someone who will be 29 soon with little to no resale value.

He's worth much more to us than an extra £30-40m in the bank and Fosun won't sell first team players unless they have to. Unless the player wanted to move he isn't going anywhere.

Jimenez wouldn't cost anywhere near 90m I wouldn't have thought. I think 50 and you'd have to look at it. It wouldn't be prudent to spend that on him for any clubs looking for the Champions League anyway, not because he's not good enough but because surely those teams should be putting abit of thought into a long term solution for that price not someone who will be 29 soon with little to no resale value.

Hmmmm

Levy NOTORIOUS for refusing to pay anything approaching top dollar. We barely appear in rumour columns because the whole of football knows it will take in excess of top dollar to even get us round the table. It's not even a possibility.

50m would be a tidy profit on a guy who is right at the peak of his competitive age. That would be a tempting offer, I'd think.

50m would be a tidy profit on a guy who is right at the peak of his competitive age. That would be a tempting offer, I'd think.

And what would it cost us to adequately replace him?

£50m doesn’t buy a lot, could be good, could be a disaster. We don’t have any kind of insurance policy already at the club so it’s littered with risk. He has 2 probably 3 years minimum at the top of his game. Age isn’t really going to make him a worse player, he’s got no pace to lose and he can run all day.

Selling him is a massive backward step. There’s a 90% chance we are going to end up in european competition next season regardless of what route the league take. We need to double down on this squad. Start selling our best players with our competition in transition then we’re more likely to be an Everton than City or Spurs (teams that have broken into the elite)

There wont be big transfers in the next window anyway, no matter how much clickbait sites want them. Club budgets are now under massive strain.

https://en.onefootball.com/lazio-interested-in-signing-leander-dendoncker-wolves-want-e25m-e30m/

I’d probably be letting Donk go personally - he can cover centre back and centre mid, but I’d be looking to upgrade both positions, with Saiss going back to being cover.

Apparently Real are looking to sell on Militao as he’s not made an impact there, id look at him or Dias, and then centre mid I’d like Soumare from Lille (or Kessie as second choice).

Two big upgrades there would give us a fantastic team and squad imo. And yes, I am slightly bored without football...

And as if by magic, Soumare link...

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/05/...ly-scouted-player-labelled-the-new-paul-pogb/

Last edited:
https://en.onefootball.com/lazio-interested-in-signing-leander-dendoncker-wolves-want-e25m-e30m/

I’d probably be letting Donk go personally - he can cover centre back and centre mid, but I’d be looking to upgrade both positions, with Saiss going back to being cover.

Apparently Real are looking to sell on Militao as he’s not made an impact there, id look at him or Dias, and then centre mid I’d like Soumare from Lille (or Kessie as second choice).

Two big upgrades there would give us a fantastic team and squad imo. And yes, I am slightly bored without football...

And as if by magic, Soumare link...

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/05/...ly-scouted-player-labelled-the-new-paul-pogb/

Seems a tad harsh. He’s not been as good as he was last season perhaps, but has been shuffled around a lot. Nuno likes a small squad and to do that you need players like Donk who can play in a multitude of positions. We will need to spend a shed load of money to get a better version.

Seems a tad harsh. He’s not been as good as he was last season perhaps, but has been shuffled around a lot. Nuno likes a small squad and to do that you need players like Donk who can play in a multitude of positions. We will need to spend a shed load of money to get a better version.

If we could get Militao and Soumare in for Donck surely that's just good business? Add Jordao and Loidice in there too and we have some continuity when the God that is Moutinho can't play every minute of every game at the top level.

Not sure many clubs will be spending that kind of money this Summer/Autumn. Certainly not on that level of player

Wouldn't even contemplate getting rid of Donck, he's fantastic.

Back