• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I see a few of the papers have us, Everton and Leicester in the running for Portuguese midfielder Joao McGinnho. I've always liked him when I've seen him play but suspect he'd want a few quid to come here which might disturb the wage structure.

Is that some early April fool to annoy Villa fans?

Might change the thread title to the "Who the Fuck Knows When it Will Be Transfer Window"

Is that some early April fool to annoy Villa fans?

Hope so. Villa Talk is basically still praying that the season will be null and void and demanding that the club spend at least £150m in the next window. I so want the season to eventually finish legitimately, and with a Villa relegation.

I see a few of the papers have us, Everton and Leicester in the running for Portuguese midfielder Joao McGinnho. I've always liked him when I've seen him play but suspect he'd want a few quid to come here which might disturb the wage structure.

From what I've seen of him, he runs round like a headless chicken for 60 minutes before getting fooked. Can't pick a pass, not great in the tackle and not sure if its his current regime but he doesn't tend to be disciplined in the system (if they have one!) Decent scoring record and capable of the odd scorcher.

McGinn is nothing like good enough for us.

Also has a heid like a deformed spud.

I wouldn't bother with signing McGinn, other than the wailing and gnashing of teeth from their fans would be moderately amusing.

Really don't get why he is rated so highly by them (and some others) - he has zero outstanding attributes, hasn't played for anyone decent and isn't even that young

His highlight reel has the odd absolute belter, and leaves out all the time he goes missing as he is blowing out of his arse after 55 minutes, and also all the stupid shit fouls after he loses the ball, including the one that put him out for months.

He is a good player to be fair. Just nowhere near the quality required to be part of our team. He's obviously nowhere near as good as Neves/Moutinho, Dendoncker is much better as well and then 3 promising young players in Jordão, Gibbs-White and Loiodice who I'd rather were given game time than someone like McGinn who wouldn't come cheap and wouldn't be that big an improvement.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

McGinn's the type of player Mick would buy. He's a Rae type player and a serviceable option for a bottom 5 player.

Who was the E&S gimp who asked before we played them "which team outside of the top two would not want John McGinn in their team"?

Us, for a start. He got made to look silly down here. He's not rubbish but we want better than what we have, not someone to be 4th or 5th choice (Saiss is a better CM than him too, especially with how we play).

Think they had Heaton in goal ahead of Rui too, nonsense.

McGinn is not needed - he wouldn't add much & would be exppensive (especially if Villa depart the PL as they will desperately need to get as much as the can)

Really no thanks

McGinn is a youtube dreamboat... Loads of skill in short bursts, has the odd stormer, but 90% of the time I see him he's just a slightly more exciting version of Dave Edwards.

He hasn't got the battery of a Dave Edwards. He's frequently knackered at the hour mark.

Who was the E&S gimp who asked before we played them "which team outside of the top two would not want John McGinn in their team"?
On this very forum this was said before we played them "Really hope that Grealish is out as most people looking at the game objectively would see Grealish/McGinn as a better midfield pairing than Neves/Moutinho at the moment "

Neves was only 6/10 at the time though.

For the record I wouldn't want any players out of the teams likely to go down, whenever we restart.

Back