• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Not a hope, he's 33 and never fit.

Highly rated but hardly getting a game? I wonder why?

Highly rated but hardly getting a game? I wonder why?

Better player ahead of him? (don't know enough about Porto to know if that is true or not)

Neves wasn't getting a lot of time at Porto when we signed him and he was highly rated and was only really out of the team because he had someone very decent playing in his position ahead of him

Will the summer window open as usual or is that suspended until the completion of the current season?

Nowt been said on that yet. Presume that will be sorted between now and May

No chance it can open if the season is still ongoing.

Going to get messy with players that have signed pre-contracts that are set to start on July 1st. Going to be a fair amount of work for the legal bods at FIFA to sort that one out and of course players who current deals run out before the season now ends. That won't be as simple as auto extend the contract either.

Good luck to those who have to sort that shit out.

I think they are at the moment still in the "hoping it can all be done by June 30th" camp. Especially as UEFA have just removed the Saturday 3pm blackout. I think that points towards closed doors games available on the box as soon as practicable.

I thought the 3pm blackout was a joint FA, PL, EL decision, not UEFA?

Uefa has lifted the ban on showing games starting at 15:00 on a Saturday live on TV in England and Scotland.

The move comes after requests from the Football Association and the Scottish Football Association amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

It is seen as the first move towards restarting some domestic competitions in the UK behind closed doors.

The blackout has long been in place during the English and Scottish season to protect attendances.

In a statement, Uefa said: "Uefa has lifted the 'blocked hours' protection granted to England and Scotland for the remainder of the 2019-20 season following requests from the relevant national associations as a result of measures taken in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic."

So at FA and SFA request by the look of it.

Hopefully that stays lifted afterwards, bin off Friday night games and have a Saturday 1pm, 3pm, 5.30pm slots.

I always thought it was blocked by DCMaS rather than footballing authorities because they thought it'd kill attendances contrary to the evidence from Europe.

It would definitely be more difficult to get kids to lower league games if the big teams were playing at 3 on a saturday.

It's a nonsense story.

Bit like the one on BBC gossip linking Spurs with a £96.9m (very specific that) double deal for Issa Diop and Raul Jimenez. Hmmmm - like that will happen.

Back