• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Saiss has been one of our best players this season. Are Dias and Militao definitely better? Would they adjust to the Premier league? Are they proficient in playing a system like Nuno's? Would they adjust to living in England? Would they disrupt the team spirit? Saiss is in the team and playing superbly, smashing 50million on someone (which is what they would cost, at least) seems a risk when we already have a player who is performing superbly and is fully integrated into the squad and our tactics, and is actually improving.

One area that we definitely need to address fairly soon is a long term successor to Moutinho.

Militão was awesome for Porto, switched between playing RB and CB in a flat back 4.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Jim White is talking up Donk and Wolves on TS at the moment, lauding Donk's versatility, Nuno as a manager, Traore's improvement and the season we are/were having pre lockdown. Natalie Sawyer loves watching us

Saiss has been excellent in defence this season, and his passing from the back has really helped us up our game. He’s a good premier league defender rather than willy Boly Level though, so is upgradeable. He’s also 30, gets booked a lot, isn’t massive aerially (he’s good but not amazing), doesn’t always track movement (because he’s not a career defender) and isn’t particularly quick.

If we could get another top drawer defender, I’d upgrade him, and have him as our backup cb/cm instead of Donk.

I agree he is no Wily Boly.

The booking thing has really calmed down though after it being a bit of a joke, maybe it's the run of games that has lead to this.

1 booking in his last 11 games (against Brighton), and only 3 since November.

If the preferred timelines around the restart end up coming to fruition then they'll only be a month between seasons. I can't see much activity in that eventuality. More like a January window with Bosman's thrown in would be my guess

Isn't that going to screw whoever gets promoted though? I mean I've seen Leeds and Albion play plenty this season, neither are anywhere near being capable of staying up as it stands.

No idea, I know absolutely nothing about him.

I wonder if Palhinha could play in the Coady role. He has the attributes to do it.

Either way, seems like a good player to have a gives us a bit of succession planning in midfield

tenor.gif

Absolute shite and about as quick as Lawrie Madden.

Pretty sure some papers have a go to story to fill a gap. Get linked with him every few months

HITC running with a story that Raul will leave for Real Madrid or Barca in one of the biggest deals of the summer. I'd post the link but it's HITC so don't want to give them the clicks.

HITC running with a story that Raul will leave for Real Madrid or Barca in one of the biggest deals of the summer. I'd post the link but it's HITC so don't want to give them the clicks.

Pretty much what Kenny said yesterday speculative bs

Presume that has come from a recent interview where he was asked if he would sign for Madrid or Barca and being a normal human with ambition he said yes

Back