• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

West Ham already have 5,000 attacking midfielders.

I think he's an incredible talent, he's got everything. If the price is £20m as reported (as daft as it sounds, but this is the world we live in) then I'd go straight for it. That's a bargain.

Various places I have seen us linked in talks re Paulinho from Sporting Braga (20+ goals this year in Portugal) - can't say that I dramatically remember him from our Europa games v them.

Release clause supposedly is £27m so be surprised if we lay that much out unless Raul does go (though there are still tenuous suggestions of him to MU - can't see that unless they are going to agree stupid levels of cash - though maybe that's not beyond the bounds of possibility)

I do yeah, just watching the Celtic game reminded me of the trio. Agree particularly Ajer as a potential first teamer for 20/21. But rate all 3 highly.

Goal for Frimpong!

Goal for Frimpong!
The way he's playing here, excusing the opposition, makes him look like someone that could give Doherty a good competition for a spot almost straight away. Fits our wingback style and much better option than Burr off the bench.

With DW that I'd like a quality RWB, but in lieu of that, a young star with his level of potential would be just as good

The way he's playing here, excusing the opposition, makes him look like someone that could give Doherty a good competition for a spot almost straight away. Fits our wingback style and much better option than Burr off the bench.

With DW that I'd like a quality RWB, but in lieu of that, a young star with his level of potential would be just as good

I thought this was why we got Matherson from Rochdale or is he a U23 with some way to go?

Yeah Matheson is a second year scholar age wise! Obviously he’ll primarily be with the U23s (or maybe on loan) but I wouldn’t expect him to be involved in the first team too often in his first year with us

Got to splash the Cash to get Matty

John Percy
@JPercyTelegraph
#nffc have rejected a £10m bid from Sheffield United for Matty Cash. Strong Premier League interest in the 22 year old, with Southampton and West Ham also expected to make offers

We’ve been linked with quite a few centre backs so far, and all pretty good.

Rugani
Disasi
Dias
Todibo
Ajer

We’ve not been linked with Militao but he’s apparently on the market too.

I’d be really happy with any of those tbh

We’ve been linked with quite a few centre backs so far, and all pretty good.

Rugani
Disasi
Dias
Todibo
Ajer

We’ve not been linked with Militao but he’s apparently on the market too.

I’d be really happy with any of those tbh
Have we actually been linked with Ajer? I thought that was just a suggestion from someone on here.

Dias would be fantastic but I suspect he's out of our reach at this point. I just hope that Jeff & co deliver in this window. There were lots of soundbites and chat in the last window but they failed to deliver.

Ajer is most recently linked with AC Milan.

We were interested in him last summer I was told - probably would have been a lot cheaper then too

Badiashile is a name that crops up quite a lot. I don't know how good he is though.

There were lots of soundbites and chat in the last window but they failed to deliver.

Jeff just needs to keep quiet or understand what he thinks is a good window won't = what others think.

All he basically said though was "we will have a good window" Turns out it was average, saved by a ringer, but didn't damage us in terms of coping with PL and a long run in the EL.
Hopefully fans will calm down a bit as well and not assume every rumour is a genuine target and we messed up not signing them.

Had a look at Disasi and I don't think much. Bit too gangly and slow.

I liked the look of Todibo though.

to be honest, as much as I want us to keep pushing on and improve the starting 11, even if we started the new season with the same first eleven, I'd be pretty confident of a top six position. I guess others will spend a lot of money to strengthen so it's important we strengthen ourselves, of course, to make sure we have the best possible chance.

to be honest, as much as I want us to keep pushing on and improve the starting 11, even if we started the new season with the same first eleven, I'd be pretty confident of a top six position. I guess others will spend a lot of money to strengthen so it's important we strengthen ourselves, of course, to make sure we have the best possible chance.
I wouldn't expect us to finish above any of the traditional Top 6 in that eventuality if Augbameyang stays at Arsenal.

Spurs were very lucky to finish above us, they would be the ones I would hope to challenge. Think Arsenal will probably be top 4 if they finally sort their defence. Leicester will drop away I think.

I think we are a much better team than Arsenal and Spurs currently (and on a par with Leicester at least). Now they may all invest significantly but as it stands I would back us over them. Both teams had a few freak results and also been bailed out by their strikers. Over a longer stretch of games I don't think they will get away with it so often.

Have we actually been linked with Ajer? I thought that was just a suggestion from someone on here.

Real Madrid have entered the race to sign Celtic defender Kristoffer Ajer who has been heavily linked with Wolverhampton Wanderers.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/futa...e-to-sign-celtic-defender-kristoffer-ajer/amp
Had a look at Disasi and I don't think much. Bit too gangly and slow.

Pace is one of his biggest assets, he’s quick.

https://www.monaco-tribune.com/en/2...y-coveted-by-many-of-europes-elite-outfits-2/

Todibo has really high potential.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....t-symbol-of-barcas-potential-dark-future/amp/

Leicester is an interesting case next season. They had the rub of the VAR green first half of the season, but were poor second half when decisions went against them as well. You wonder which team is going to turn up next season when they haven't been in any kind of form since last December.

Back