• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Better or worse than Wesley?

Some decent finishes in there and he’s a big lad! Without knowing how good he is, he looks more suited to our style than Cutrone did.

Trying to think of an apposite comparison. I'd have him as a slightly better current day Benteke.

Most of his Köln goals were in the second tier.

Difficult isn't it? You look at Cordoba and you're first reaction is 'stats don't look very good.' But then Raul's didn't look very good either.

I was looking at Chelsea today - on the grounds that Fosun have more money than Abramovich. He bought them in June 2003. First season with him they finished 2nd and then they won the league. But they'd been top 6 for 10 seasons before that. We're starting from a way lower 'base' & you have to think two finishes in the top 7 is ahead of Fosun's plan.

10 years younger isn't he?

Yes but I’m thinking if we want to kick on then we need better than what we’ve got. I don’t think Moutinho next year will be worse than this year, so whoever comes in needs to offer more than Moutinho or Donck.

Like I’ve said, I don’t think we necessarily need to change personnel there, just change mindset/tactics to get more attacking threat from those position.

Cash (or Cancelo if we can get him)
New CH (I don't really have any names outwith Dias, and I don't know how realistic that is)
Eze

I would be very happy with that.

Cancelo / Da Costa / Lala - I'd be ecstatic with either of those. All three would be realistic targets as well I reckon.
Upamecano / Diego Carlos - Upamecano has just signed a new three-year deal so probably out of our reach now (Arsenal heavily linked as well) but he'd be perfect. Diego Carlos has had a great season for Sevilla and I'd happily take him as second choice.
No idea on a striker but we need that option, gives alternatives for the 352 as well.

Arsenal have also been heavily linked with Diego Carlos too :D Think Kounde is going to Real Madrid too - has Militao been playing much for them?

I'd be pretty happy with Disasi. If we are looking at Ligue Un - Duje Caleta-Car at Marseille I have heard/read decent things about.

Arsenal have Saliba coming in, can't see them signing another CH with Luiz sticking around.

I’d like Disasi, looks like a young willy Boly. Militao wasn’t getting games for Madrid before the break, don’t think that changed - the papers said they were looking to move him on.

Both Barca and Madrid want to move on a lot of players.

Watch us get linked to Bale at some point...(will not happen)

How often will we get linked to James Rodriguez again this window? It's already happened once.

My shouts:

RWB - Cancelo, Cash (good shout DW)

CB - Dias, Rugani, Stones (think he'd be alright under Nuno)

CM - Sanson (I'm gonna keep banging the drum for him!) - Roca looks OK but a bit too similar to Moutinho.

CF - Dunno really. Anyone who's really good wont want to come and sit on the bench. I quite like Ollie Watkins at Brentford. It's going to have to be a younger striker who's scored a few in the Championship or similar league abroad, i.e the Cutrone route.

bit too similar to Moutinho is not a negative to me!

Don't think Watkins would come to sit on the bench, but he can play in wide positions pretty effectively. But then that would displace one of the other four options we have. It's a tricky one! I wouldn't be that surprised if we didn't sign a striker (as long as we keep Raul of course)

A bit too similar in that he doesn't really offer much goal threat. We need more goals from other areas so it would be better to try and get someone with a few different traits.

bit too similar to Moutinho is not a negative to me!

Don't think Watkins would come to sit on the bench, but he can play in wide positions pretty effectively. But then that would displace one of the other four options we have. It's a tricky one! I wouldn't be that surprised if we didn't sign a striker (as long as we keep Raul of course)
Assuming we don't win the EL the Raul alternative has changed in the last 24hrs. There's no way we could have had him play as many games again next season so I think we could have credibly sold the role as coming with a decent amount of playing time. Now it's injury cover and obviously less appealing

Cash (or Cancelo if we can get him)
New CH (I don't really have any names outwith Dias, and I don't know how realistic that is)
Eze

I would be very happy with that.
Pretty much this. I'd also raid Celtic for Ajer, Frimpong and Dembele

Ajer is a great shout. Not seen much of Frimpong but heard good things.

No chance with Dembele - I assume you mean Karamoko??

Ajer is a great shout. Not seen much of Frimpong but heard good things.

No chance with Dembele - I assume you mean Karamoko??
I do yeah, just watching the Celtic game reminded me of the trio. Agree particularly Ajer as a potential first teamer for 20/21. But rate all 3 highly.

Ah nice one - I am going to put that on as would love to see Dembele get on the pitch, fantastic talent. Not sure what he has decided yet in terms of international football but hopefully he picks England. But yeah think when he eventually leaves Celtic it will be for big money. Maybe by then we will be an even more favourable options for a young player like that!

Back