• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I'm in the "one more signing" camp - sorry.

Same as Johnny, I would like to see another option in midfield. Perhaps someone who can push Neto/Podence. I'd like someone who can come in and take minutes away from Moutinho rather than Vitinha (Joao unfortunately looks on a downward curve and whilst he *could* turn it around, I'm not fully convinced. Still the best player I've ever seen in a Wolves shirt). Someone who can break beyond the lines and join in with the attacks from midfield.

It's also quite obvious that we've been looking to improve the centre of defence for a few windows now, but have failed. I think perhaps the flexibility of Marcal and Hoever mean we're happy with the options there for now.

I reckon, as it stands right now, we've had a 7/10 window. We've improved the squad but, other than Semedo, not the starting 11. We'll have some team in a couple of years, mind. Problem is, will the likes of Neves & co still be around in 2 x years for us to benefit?

Think we should take a pop with Loftus Cheek. Another Ruben can't hurt us

Oh, and Spiers has tweeted to say he doesn't expect any incomings and "nothing is being worked on". As most people on here think he's a clueless twat with no contacts at the club, I think that means we can all expect at least 3 x new faces in before tonight!

(he also said Bennett, Burr & Miranda are expected to leave today)

I don't expect anything, as I've said before. I don't necessarily disagree about a centre midfielder, as it seems Nuno doesn't want to use Dendoncker as a holding player like I feel we could. But I think anything now is a bonus from a solid window.

I think at full strength (which we should be after the break minus Jonny)

Rui
Boly Coady Saiss
Semedo Neves Moutinho Ait-Nouri
Neto Jimenez Podence

Subs: Ruddy, Marcal, Hoever, Dendoncker, Vitinha, Traore, Silva

No Kilman in that 18 either.

Is a good squad IMO (we can argue about what the best 11 is all day long, right now I'm not sure myself!).

I don't expect anything, as I've said before. I don't necessarily disagree about a centre midfielder, as it seems Nuno doesn't want to use Dendoncker as a holding player like I feel we could. But I think anything now is a bonus from a solid window.

I think at full strength (which we should be after the break minus Jonny)

Rui
Boly Coady Saiss
Semedo Neves Moutinho Ait-Nouri
Neto Jimenez Podence

Subs: Ruddy, Marcal, Hoever, Dendoncker, Vitinha, Traore, Silva

No Kilman in that 18 either.

Is a good squad IMO (we can argue about what the best 11 is all day long, right now I'm not sure myself!).

For me, the weakness there is Ruddy...

Esteves off to Reading on loan for the season.

Joey E&S (probaby after peaking to Timmy II)

"Wolves not working on any incomings this deadline day. They're happy with the business that they have done in this window and Nuno feels he has the right balance. Not a case of missing out on targets today. They're happy with what they have moving forward"

Shame half our team fucks off for the next 10 days as I am sure Nuno needs that time to get his new ideas moving quicker.

Honestly I'm finding watching the Mix go back and forth more enthralling than Jim White's efforts in any previous year

ITK is sticking to his guns. But Portuguese press reckon Palinha has trained with Sporting today! What will happen??! Who will be proved right?! Has Joe Edwards ever had an original thought enter his head?!

I'd find it a lot more compelling if there was any chance at all that the ITK is telling the truth, rather than laying out a line of bullshit for the umpteenth time this window.

Just read that Zaha might go to Atleti if Partey goes to Arsenal

Mix has crashed! Boooooo

Obviously too much sensitive information being leaked

Poor Lemar heading for yet another tranfser window without getting his dream move to Molineux. Bet he is not looking forward to January when it all starts again

Poor Lemar heading for yet another tranfser window without getting his dream move to Molienux. Bet he is not looking forward to January when it all starts again

I don't think we got linked to Wallace once this window. Poor fella scrolling through his phone every day and nothing there.

Talisca leads that particular support group.

Back