• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Didn't bring the GFFH thing up to cause a row, was just curious as whether he'd got bits right, or was as good as the mol mix know nothing, as punts says above, he'd had a reasonable hit rate in the past, thought maybe he posted it, then thought shit, the club will find out I'm out of a job type thing (I assumed he worked at the club, so would hear gossip and rumours)

He is normally very good. Clearly he posted the names and then realised it was not wise to do so and changed his mind . That’s cool.

Didn't bring the GFFH thing up to cause a row, was just curious as whether he'd got bits right, or was as good as the mol mix know nothing, as punts says above, he'd had a reasonable hit rate in the past, thought maybe he posted it, then thought shit, the club will find out I'm out of a job type thing (I assumed he worked at the club, so would hear gossip and rumours)

No row, I just don't think it's fair (also don't think the information should have been passed on after it had been deleted, this way nothing similar will ever get posted in good faith).

Anyway he doesn't need me to fight his corner, I've said my piece.

I do find it incredibly cringey how people beg for information from supposed ITKs all the time. Not really on here but certainly elsewhere. No dignity.

I do find it incredibly cringey how people beg for information from supposed ITKs all the time. Not really on here but certainly elsewhere. No dignity.

Any journo on Twitter - "West Ham trying to sign a player that will laugh in their general direction"

TwitterFuckwit1 "Any Arsenal news"
TwitterFuckwit2 "Any truth Bristol City are in for Messi"
Jinky "Do you agree Jeff is out of his depth and should sign 4 more players or fuck off"*
TwitterFuckwit3 "Announce Ronaldo"
etc etc

Dont know why they bother

*Please take this as a joke Jinkles xx

RLC signing on loan for Fulham, would have been good for us.

Not when Chelsea purportedly wanted a massive loan fee and subsidising his huge wages.

Much like MGW at the moment, it's yet to become entirely clear what he actually is, even if it is quite obvious that he has some ability. Meh, Jordan Graham has ability.

Just having a scan on here before bed (tragic as that is to admit at 9.32pm) and this was the first I had remembered today was the deadline. So glad the hype around this day has faded compared to a few years ago at least.

Think this thread would be a lot busier today if we hadn't already signed 6 players tbf.

Not when Chelsea purportedly wanted a massive loan fee and subsidising his huge wages.

Much like MGW at the moment, it's yet to become entirely clear what he actually is, even if it is quite obvious that he has some ability. Meh, Jordan Graham has ability.

Agree. Seen him a few times and he never looks bad, but he has nothing about him that makes me go "yeah, that's a good player". Like a deluxe David Davis.

Looked great in one of the games against us, needs to work on his fitness and is clearly infected by Chelsea arrogance.

I think that's a pretty good summary. The big worry for me is central midfield, but that's been gone over endlessly.

A point for the moderators. The above post is a flagrant breach of copyright and if I were Tim Spiers or the Athletic I'd be a) pissed off at the lack of accreditation and b) sending you an invoice because of that.

Lumping Ait-Nouri in with Silva and Vitinha seems downright incorrect. He’s ready to be dropped in right now.

I disagree, nobody really knows about those 3 or Hoever. A month ago Esteves was being touted as our Doherty upgrade he's gone to Reading, it's just guesswork, there isn't a big enough body of work to know how any will pan out. It's one of the reasons we've took two on loan rather than money up front as our net spend was around £20m or actually in profit if you include Costa and Cav.

Lumping Ait-Nouri in with Silva and Vitinha seems downright incorrect. He’s ready to be dropped in right now.

I think it's perfectly fair, Ait-Nouri has played 23 senior league games so far, hardly a big sample to judge him on and the Premier League is a stronger league than the French league.

Ok. Literally loads of posters on here said they would “wait until the window is shut to give my assessment of our business”.

Let’s have those assessments now. Are we happy with the squad and starting 11? Have we improved the side?*

*I am genuinely interested before people start reading too much in to my post.

On Ait-Nouri, seems PSG made a move for him early last week but he turned them down as he had already agreed to join us.

On Ait-Nouri, seems PSG made a move for him early last week but he turned them down as he had already agreed to join us.

This is interesting - where have you read that? I can’t make out some of the business that some of the elite European clubs have done this window. Bayern, for example, have signed a Stoke City reject and a bloke that a lot of people turned their nose up to on here when he was linked with us!

Back