• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

So what do they do whilst Raul is fit and in the side? Play as 3rd choice, or bump him up to 2nd choice thus preventing Fabio from getting on the pitch?

And who can we bring in who would be happy to play that role, yet still be good enough to make an impact?

6 signings is more than I expected in the first place for sure! I as hopeful of 3/4. Think we have strengthened the squad when everyone is fit.

I wouldn't mind Palhinha because he's a pure holding midfielder and Nuno doesn't seem to want to play Dendoncker in that role. But if we did sign him, I'd worry Donck was going :D

No doubt about it he is Raul's back up, I'm not debating that, but as a fan I'd feel slightly more confident if we had another choice too.

A Troy Deeney type, someone with bags of experience who's best days are over but know how to manage the last 20 mins of a game and can properly bully a centreback - If Raul goes out, it would leave Fabio and I can't see him being as reliable as Raul when it comes to playing 90 mins week in week out, but again, hope I'm proven wrong.

Edit: I'm hoping that get Fabio on the same diet as Traore, training along side him. Could do with some mass ��

No doubt about it he is Raul's back up, I'm not debating that, but as a fan I'd feel slightly more confident if we had another choice too.

A Troy Deeney type, someone with bags of experience who's best days are over but know how to manage the last 20 mins of a game and can properly bully a centreback - If Raul goes out, it would leave Fabio and I can't see him being as reliable as Raul when it comes to playing 90 mins week in week out, but again, hope I'm proven wrong.

Edit: I'm hoping that get Fabio on the same diet as Traore, training along side him. Could do with some mass ��

Its a valid concern but since Nuno arrived we have all been worred about the forward position and what happens should the main one get injured. I think in all the windows Nuno has had he has brought in 2 extra experienced forwards (Afobe & Cutrone) and decided 4 months later it would be better for Jeff to flip him for a quick profit and bin the other. He has tried a few young options - Mir, didn't work out - Campana, decided he was better off getting experience at Fosunhoppers in Switzerland. Fabio seems to be a lad he likes though, so at least we are into a season with 2 options

Last edited:
Out of the 6 signings only 2 walk into the first XI. And one of those is only because Jonny is injured. Marcal may replace Saiss and make it 3 but the jury is still out on that.

Out of the 6 signings only 2 walk into the first XI.

One of Nuno's goal this summer was to ensure the full (small) squad gives him genuine options to call on. We saw last season that outside of the wide forwards he didn't really trust anyone to come on.

Oddly enough I think we are one short in the deep lying/ wide forwards and need somebody to challenge Neto and Podence for a starting spot.

Somebody who gives something slightly different and is more of a link between midfield and attack.

Shabani maybe as the season progresses?

I'm hoping Otasowie makes the move to the 1st team this year. Early days in the U23's but he looks a beast and ready to step up

I'd loan Otasowie out, he's far too good for the U23's and makes to many mistakes for the first XI and he'd learn a lot more going to a lower league club. Clearly got a big future.

Oddly enough I think we are one short in the deep lying/ wide forwards and need somebody to challenge Neto and Podence for a starting spot.

Somebody who gives something slightly different and is more of a link between midfield and attack.

Vitinha? Seems perfect to play that role that Neto has adopted of drifting wide/dropping behind Raul/dropping into midfield.

We all know Nuno scrutinises new signings and only puts them in when really ready. This squad will be a very good squad, people and I mean the fans need to stay calm and let Nuno do his stuff.

Vitinha? Seems perfect to play that role that Neto has adopted of drifting wide/dropping behind Raul/dropping into midfield.

Yes that is how I see him (also MGW is doing that role very well at Swansea).

I would like to see a forward thinking midfielder come in, one to put real pressure on the current midfield, rather than one who may be ready after christmas

I really liked the look of Lookman for Fulham. Early days as I havent seen him before but he was a real pain in the butt and looked to create every time he got the ball.

Unlikely to be available as they bought him last week.

He's on a season's loan from Leipzig who bought him from Everton.
He's a very talented individual but there is a problem. Don't know if it's attitude or his temper.

"Danish defender Oskar Buur is expected to join Dutch club FC Volendam until the end of the season."

Dutch 2nd division - thought he might do better than that

Back