• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

On his podcast Spiers whilst not confirming any Raul rumour has commented that he's not distancing himself from them when there has been ample opportunity to do so

£80m perhaps. It’s the sort of thing Utd would do.

I can see Raul moving. Four year contact with a big club. Suspect his GF would prefer plenty of places to Wolvo

The problem is, Raul is the guy we would find it hardest to replace IMO so I don’t care how much we get for him, if he goes we have a serious problem.

The problem is, Raul is the guy we would find it hardest to replace IMO so I don’t care how much we get for him, if he goes we have a serious problem.
Boly?

We managed pretty well without him this season, so no I don’t think so.

You can have a debate about who our best player is, I don't think you can have one about who the most crucial is

He might move,might not,he's going to have enough upheaval in his house with the babby,doubt they'd want to throw a house move and new football club into the equation as well

On his podcast Spiers whilst not confirming any Raul rumour has commented that he's not distancing himself from them when there has been ample opportunity to do so

Apart from painting a Wolves head on to his pregnant wife’s baby bump, you mean?

Raul hasn’t said anything and he shouldn’t need to. Someone needs to have a quiet word with his dad (which I believe has probably happened already), as he referred to the links as “cool”, but I don’t see what Raul himself is supposed to do.

Yeah I'm not worried about rumours or how he responds to them (I don't think he's said anything that worries me anyway).

A player of his level is going to have transfer rumours, it's unavoidable. Likewise with traore, Neves etc..

All the supposed "not ruling anything out" nonsense has come from his father.

Oh and that one quote from Raul where he said he wouldn't mind playing for Barca or Real. Yeah no shit.

Last edited:
What are the dates for this summer's transfer window? Have they been changed because of the virus?

What are the dates for this summer's transfer window? Have they been changed because of the virus?

My understanding is that all continues as normal - contracts expire, transfers can happen, but new signings can’t play in the prem/euro competitions until next season

Surprised by that. Honestly thought we would sign him and loan him out, very talented player.

I blame the financial implications of COVID-19...

Surprised by that. Honestly thought we would sign him and loan him out, very talented player.

I blame the financial implications of COVID-19...
We'll be selling Raul for £18m next

Whether this rumour proves to be substantial or not is going to be a good indication of what the line is when it comes to the business plan Fosun have for Wolves. They've said very clearly and repeatedly that they're in this game to make money, and it's not a wildly unlikely business decision to sell an asset like him provided it wouldn't harm the team. Yet he is at the peak for his age. We might get lucky and have him perform like this into his 30s, but that's an exception, not a rule.

Right now I think we'd all agree it would be madness, but if we bought a couple more strikers who have been languishing on the benches of top teams, unappreciated...?

Whether this rumour proves to be substantial or not is going to be a good indication of what the line is when it comes to the business plan Fosun have for Wolves. They've said very clearly and repeatedly that they're in this game to make money, and it's not a wildly unlikely business decision to sell an asset like him provided it wouldn't harm the team. Yet he is at the peak for his age. We might get lucky and have him perform like this into his 30s, but that's an exception, not a rule.

Right now I think we'd all agree it would be madness, but if we bought a couple more strikers who have been languishing on the benches of top teams, unappreciated...?

Paying £34m for a player and selling him 12 months later for £18m isn't "making money"... It's a joke of an idea peddled by a press that still doesn't understand how Wolves operate

Back